Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blue Lagoon 6th Sept.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dobs
PADI Assistant Instructor
Dobs

Humor : Anything funny

Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. Empty
PostSubject: Blue Lagoon 6th Sept.   Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 8:37 am

As the nights are slowly drawing in and the temperatures begin to tumble. A few brave Proscuba Friends braved the murky depths of the Blue Lagoon.

We were met at the dive site by a 'Man with Kayak', wearing what can only be described as wetsuit, bouyancy jacket and neoprene skirt. Well what is good for Jack is good for anyone, I suppose. The man in question was our very own Mr Smudge. He had been out on the lake practising his eskimo spin cycle.

Anyway eventually we all mustered up enough courage to don the drysuit and venture forth. Of course Jack was not ready at the same, he had found something to play with on his set up and took to it with some spanners.

Geoff, Ian and myself took the plunge off the giant stride, which now feels like a good 15 second fall and took residence on the platform for almost 20 minutes waiting for Jack to join us.

On the swim out, I purposefully missed the plane, (as everyone sees that) and cleverly flanked it around to the island, where we began our swim back around to the Beware Sign, Bouyancy Rings, Platform (with Thermocline and BIG Fish), Mesh Platform, Day Boat, Tank, Concrete Pipes, and Walk Out. Overall a pleasant dive, just breaking the hour at 17°C. Still warm enough to leave the hoods behind, but pushing it for a shorty.

Thank you for all of my buddys, Ian, Geoff and of course Jack. Smudge for providing shore cover in the Kayak and all of the Blue Lagoon attractions and fish for staying out of our way as to not spoil our dive.

Good to see Doc, and the Blue Lagoon Posse (Dave and Catherine et al) in the pub afterwards for a drink. Catherine I will never wash my face again!! (between you and me, I never did anyway).

Ed

Last edited by Dobs on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ian G
Rescue Diver
Ian G

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lagoon 6th Sept.   Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 pm

Cheers, Ed.Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. 222826 Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. 222826 Yes another good evening dive, though the viz was the worst it has been all summer.
Back to top Go down
Deano

PostSubject: sounds like fun   Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:06 pm

wow, you are brave to go into the blue lagoon, I last was in at near freezing temps, couldn't see a thing, or feel a thing after 20 mins, my compass was spinning ... that was the end of my diving days at Blue Lagoon Laughing
I never knew there was a plane in there !!! honestly!
Back to top Go down
Andy W

Humor : And All Of That !!!!

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lagoon 6th Sept.   Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:05 pm

Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. 246400 Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. 246400 Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. 246400 Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. 246400

It seems to me that youre all made of blamonge,Evil or Very Mad as soon as im not there the navigation has gone to potBlue Lagoon 6th Sept. 136363 . And I have never ever known Jack not be ready with everyone else. Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. 555139

I can only put this poor performance down to Edward the Dobs as the PADI proffesional on duty. Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. 839977

Im sure it all got a damn site better at the pub Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. 901566 Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. 901566

MISSED YOU ALL Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. 358168 Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. 358168

Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. 953477 Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. 953477
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lagoon 6th Sept.   Blue Lagoon 6th Sept. Empty

Back to top Go down

Blue Lagoon 6th Sept.
Page 1 of 1