Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Back in Dotty!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

Back in Dotty!! Empty
PostSubject: Back in Dotty!!   Back in Dotty!! EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:34 pm

Back in Dotty!!

Back in Dotty!! 81732 Back in Dotty!! 81732

Pleased to say Jason is back in Dotty and all is well with both dives going to plan.
Dive 1 was planned as a 60 min 55m dive to the deep tunnel. Jason on air, I had a mix to keep my head clear to look after him while he guided me Back in Dotty!! 839977 . But what a great dive that was. I had done a similar route once before with Rob. This time we went over the ledges to 40m, arrived there close to the ladder, Jason's gnome still there headless, with another gnome just ready to be kicked over the edge. Descended down the ladder to 50m, sloped off down from there to the tunnel, up through that, bit of a rockfall at the exit, ascended to the 40m, examined the state of the gnome garden........not good. Meerkat OK, miner gnome OK, blue glass flower broken but red and purple ones OK. Hope Ed I got the colours right! Along to the 22m tunnel, through that, ice cream cone been moved since Jason was there last. Went across from there to do a deep 18/19m stop in the boat, next deep stop at 11m. Then up to the shallow ledge to look for newts. Found a small immature one.
So out at 68 mins, close to the plan. Jason managed to use the new ladder while I used an old rock. Seemed to be a huge gaggle of divers going in down the ladder, Wirral divers!!

Dive 2 took me onto a new route. We went in and bore left over the van and past other car wrecks, down to the 22m area, past the computer - keybord is in the 22m tunnel - onto the old road and slowly down bearing right until we found an old ?shot hut. From there up over an area of 'slag' or discarded rocks, to 22m. Went more or less the full length of the 22m ledge. Up to the old crane, vis here was brilliant. Up from there to 7m for a while then up to 3-4m to complete our deco. Also did the full length of this ledge, hundreds of small fish here around one of the wrecks, across the bowl to the rock face there. Turned around, waited for 60mins, then out.
By then the Wirral and rebreather guys had left and gone home but the nice solo cave diver was still there, saying he may go back in to keep dry...it was a little bit wet by then.

An excellent day out.....you should have come!!!
Back to top Go down
Andy W

Humor : And All Of That !!!!

Back in Dotty!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Dotty!!   Back in Dotty!! EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Back in Dotty!! 976232
Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor
jason_242

Humor : Has its ups and downs...

Back in Dotty!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Dotty!!   Back in Dotty!! EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:28 pm

Great day out..... Back in Dotty!! 246400
The day started early zzz with Sheelagh meeting Rio for the first time at our house I love you
Weather was great and the sun was shining as we set off. flower
Called at the Shell garage to fill the van up and managed to pour a load of diesel on the floor red card must remember when it clicks off I cant get anymore in Back in Dotty!! 106353
Nice run over the tops with a bit of fog at the top of windy hill...on the way down the motorway east bound was closed as two cars had crashed but no one clearing up they all just sat in the cars Back in Dotty!! 305510

So over to Bangor arriving at 9:05 so had to wait for breakfast at 9:30...... spam Back in Dotty!! 484792

Set off to Dotty at 10 but alas the Welsh weather let us down with rain and big black skies... Back in Dotty!! 807779

Arrived in torrential rain but what the hell we were there to dive.... confused2

Dive one the tunnels 55m total run time 68 mins all safety stops cleared by both of us at 61 mins but Sheelagh's Viper wanted a longer dive taunt2

Dive Two the little blast huts at around about 43m nice steady dive with great vis run time 60 mins Back in Dotty!! 478754

Slow trip home weather got worse and traffic heavy....Tea ready roast chicken dinner nom nom nom and even I got some and not just the dog wave

It was a fantastic day out with a great buddy Back in Dotty!! 976232 sadly no Andy W he was too busy playing tonsil tennis hugs

So come on guys get out there with us next time..... Back in Dotty!! 897312
Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

Back in Dotty!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Dotty!!   Back in Dotty!! EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 8:25 am

Where is everyone these days???

Back in Dotty!! 707812 Back in Dotty!! 707812
Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor
jason_242

Back in Dotty!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Dotty!!   Back in Dotty!! EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:41 am

Turn the light off and lockup when you leave..... Back in Dotty!! 106353
Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

Back in Dotty!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Dotty!!   Back in Dotty!! EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 12:11 pm

Be so much easier if the forum allowed you to edit your own posts, on preview that last post looked OK
Back to top Go down
Andy W

Humor : And All Of That !!!!

Back in Dotty!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Dotty!!   Back in Dotty!! EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:20 pm

Sorted it for you Sheelagh

Back in Dotty!! 976232
Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

Back in Dotty!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Dotty!!   Back in Dotty!! EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Still be nice if I could edit a trip report myself though, with posting photos that's usually where mistakes are made Back in Dotty!! 805793
Back to top Go down
Rob
MSDT
Rob

Back in Dotty!! Empty
PostSubject: Jealous .....   Back in Dotty!! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:05 am

Grrrrrrrr

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor
jason_242

Back in Dotty!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Dotty!!   Back in Dotty!! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:37 am

What you grumbling at now Rob lol Back in Dotty!! 976232
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back in Dotty!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Dotty!!   Back in Dotty!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Back in Dotty!!
Page 1 of 1