Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page! :o)

Go down 
+3
sheelagh
Admin
jayne65
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page! :o)    Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 3:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

18/9/10
2 boat dives for me today. Both dives were about 45 mins, and max depth of 30m. Both wall dives, with vis at about 35m. Very Happy

Tons to see.... including my first ever white tip reef sharks (and there were loads of them!!!!!) scorpion fish, lion fish, morays and giant travelley - which were huge and had very big teeth!!!!

Loads of different types of coral and millions of types of fish! I've bought a book with all the pictures in of the fish that live around the island.... so i'm going to be reading up on that this evening, and learning their names!!!

So here is just a couple of my pics from today. We defo need to invest in a good camera... my little fuji doesnt do it justice!!!!

Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 Dscf3810Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 Dscf3811
Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 Dscf3910

Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 Dscf3911

Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 Dscf3912
Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 Dscf3914
Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 Dscf3915

Smudge, Hope that is enought proof that Im not at Browns Bay! Very Happy hugs

love pinky x

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

PostSubject: Re: Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page! :o)    Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 5:11 pm

Bit of a milestone for me today....

Done 25 dives over here so far - and i've earnt a whooping $1000!!!!! (Which is about £650!!!!!)
I'm getting pretty good at this "guiding" mal-arki too.... spotting all the good fish/critters, keeping an eye on everyones air/depth etc, and even finding my way back to the boat!!!!

And how am i going to use the money..... well i'm going to us the money to fly over to Perth and meet Jase.... so we can have a bit of time together in Perth before we fly home to CI..... and hopefully we will get to see some really Skippy's!!!!! Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 246400

Still no whale sharks or Manta's. The island has had a few sightings of whale-sharks this past month, but its a bit earlt for them yet.
This week the island has also had some sightings of Minky and Humpback whales!!!! Again - I havent been lucky enought to see them! :x
But there is plenty of time for me to see all the big critters.... hopefully they will all turn up when me and jase are out diving together!!!! Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 827139

x Pinky x
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

PostSubject: Re: Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page! :o)    Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:37 pm

2 more dives for me today - both pleasure dives - no responsibilities other than looking after myself Very Happy (and my temp new buddy)!!!!
Bit of fun with 3 bronze whaler sharks at 40 (plus ...%) metres, who were quite hyped up! Visability today 50m!
Tons of big fish around as well as loads of micro critters if you have the pacience to look for them.
... this place is a must for camera lovers!!!!

Saw 3 huge Bumphead parrot fish 1-1.5 m in length.... quite amazing!!!! Also had spanish dancers, pipe fish electric clams.
The fish that we see regularly are very simular to those that Doc has named in her Sharm trip report.
Water still at 28 degrees on the bottom, surface was 31 degrees today. First outing today for my new pink and black 3mm wetsuit Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 47170 .... will get some pics tomorrow for all those pinky lovers out there!

This takes my total number of dives on CI up to 27, total earnings $1,020 (not bad in 5 and a half weeks, in addition to working full time at the IDC!) With another 2 dives for me tomorrow (guiding = another $100!). Saving up all my diving money, might be able to afford a nice diving holiday for us in Bali or Kuala Lumpa or Mainland Oz.... in the not to distant future. Very Happy

Total number of logged dives for me is now 178.... 22 dives until the big 200!!!!!! .... holding off for my buddy to get here for that very special dive number 200!!!!!.... I think the timing should work out quite well!

A couple of people have asked me about the best way to get to CI and the how much etc....
Good news.... i've been doing my research and you can get here in under 24 hours.... London to Kuala Lumpa, then KL to CI.
And the cost....

Malaysia Airlines london to KL return £700.
KL to CI £520 - these flights only run every friday. (children cheaper) - these flights can only be booked throught the travel agent on CI (www.citravel.com.au) (NB the website says that flights are avavilable from Singapore to CI - these have currently been suspended.)

Much cheaper and quicker than going through Singapore/Perth!
Accommodation can be arranged locally or for friends.... we can accommodate one or two people on our sofa bed downstairs.
Diving.... its not bad and apparently theres a new instructor due on the island soon, whos meant to be a bit of a dish! Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 474975

x

Last edited by Pinky on Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:08 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : updated with flight info)
Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor
jason_242

Humor : Has its ups and downs...

PostSubject: Re: Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page! :o)    Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 2:18 pm

Hey stop eying up the new instructors you have me grrr Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 453668
Malaysia air doing cheap flights too?
Might pop over in the not too distant future to have a look around Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 197222
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

PostSubject: Re: Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page! :o)    Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Sounds good to me Mr Asbo.... Very Happy
You might know the new instructor actually.... he comes from somewhere in Yorkshire apparently...

A couple of pics from our surface interval today.... as promised.... pinky style!

Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 Proscu10

Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 Proscu11

Sorry no underwater pics... my camera isnt too great and i cant really take pics and guide people at the same time x

Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 Proscu12
Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor
jason_242

Humor : Has its ups and downs...

PostSubject: Re: Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page! :o)    Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:33 pm

Adrenalin is brown lexy not pink narnar
What happened to getting a shorty ya soft lass thought you were from yorkshire confused2
Back to top Go down
Andy W

Humor : And All Of That !!!!

PostSubject: Re: Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page! :o)    Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:49 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Lex, Lex, Lex

there is no where near enough pink in that wet suit, take it straight back and tell them your the one and only Pinky and need more Pink, Tell them tell them. Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 253933 Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 253933 Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 253933

Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 474975 Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 474975 Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 474975 Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 474975 Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 474975 Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 474975
wave wave wave
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

PostSubject: Re: Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page! :o)    Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 2:59 am

Andy - I know!!!! I hear ya!!! Couldn't agree more..... but thats the best I could come up with!!!! Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 300398 Crying or Very sad

If you can do any better your more than welcome to... if fact anything of the pink variety that you come across.... please feel free to post it over or delivery in person would be even better! Very Happy Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 827139 Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 901566 Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 953477

Jase - a shorty.... nah.... to much flesh on show for tho sharks to take a look at What a Face ..... and that would mean brown adrenalin!!!! Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 756333 Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 197222
I'm sure you'll be fine in your shorty.... loads of people just dive in shorts and t-shirts, but the waters cooled down a bit now apparently..... maybe a shorty for me when it warms up again.... when the water is in its 30's prehaps.
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

PostSubject: Re: Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page! :o)    Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 3:19 am

Further to a post that I put on here the other day.... for those thinking about coming over....

For 1250 UK quid.... you can have flights from Kuala Lumpa to CI, 7 nights accommodation, 12 boat dives (i.e. 6 days diving) and a night dive, lunch provided daily and a 1/2 day nature tour of the island... and thats all being booked through a tour opperator... we might be able to get it even cheaper for you.... x

http://www.islandexplorer.com.au

Back to top Go down
Andy W

PostSubject: Re: Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page! :o)    Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:53 am

Looks good to me Lex,

Just one thing if we came for Xmas would father Xmas visit there first,

Keep us posted on good deals
Xx

wave
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

PostSubject: Re: Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page! :o)    Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 10:19 am

He sure would Andy... 6 hours before the UK!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

PostSubject: Start of the Annual Red Crab Migration   Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 4:28 am

Evil or Very Mad For those that dont know,Christmas Island is famous for its annual Red Crab Migration.
It is estimated that we have 50 million red crabs on the island, who all make their way from the rain forest to the beaches - have a bit of nookie/spawn - then mooch back up to the rain forest, then the babies all head up to the rain forest too. This whole process takes about 3-4 months, and has just started. I have taken some pics - but at the moment the hosting site is playing up on me! Suspect

Here is the facebook link... cause its still not letting me upload pics on here (it might be this work computer playing up)...
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=244132&id=668039463&l=c346d2bd26
\
Many roads are closed due to the migration, however some 500,000 red crabs are not so luck and get squished by cars every year! Sad

We are expeciting the nookie/spawning to happen on 31st November.... so the crab movement upto this date will increase 10 fold! Apparently the roads are completely red, with a moving carpet of crabs everywhere!!!

Will post pics as soon as I can.... x
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

PostSubject: Re: Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page! :o)    Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 7:15 pm

Helped out today on a snorkelling boat trip.... whilst I was happily catching a few rays sunny ... our snorkellers were very happliy swimming with a very large pod of spinner dolphins. All of a sudden.... mass panic in the water.... Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 305510 "SHARK!!!" affraid someone screamed!!!! Almost all of the snorkellers scrambelled out of the water and back into the boat. At the same time I was quickly donning my fins and mask.... and diving into the water, along with the Instructor (Simon)... who was in the water much quicker than I was!

Looking down into the blue, I could see and hear loads of dolphins... then all of a sudden I saw a shark, then another, then another, then another..... a school of silky sharks were swimming all around us. Pretty amazing experience to have both dolphins and sharks all around us! Sharks were over 2m long and came really close! Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 246400 Really beautiful sharks! Common in big schools!!!... not my pic!!!

Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 Silky_10

Sorry no pics of my own. But lots of great memories and some very shaken customers (wimps!)
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

PostSubject: Re: Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page! :o)    Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 5:57 am

Sorry all has been a bit quiet on my dive log page.... my diving continues out here and I have now nearly logged 50 dives out here! Obviously I've got my dive buddy back now.... which is just super! Very Happy Its great to be back diving together!!!! Dived with tons of cool stuff recently including massive turtles, big spotted eagle rays and giant moray eels! Pics on our new camera are good... but dont get much access to internet so dont get much opportnuity to put photos on here. (I can access the forum when I am at work, but it wont let me upload pics). Water temps continue to be consistant (bottom temp 28, surface 30-32)..... all in all the diving is super-dooper!

This being said.... today is not a good day in the Gibson-Goodwill household!
....Having done all of these super cool dives over the past 3 months, I have not been lucky enought to see a whaleshark.... Jase and I joked about me not being allowed to see one until he got here!.... well last week Jase and I spend the whole week together diving..... and guess what.... great diving but no whalesharks! Evil or Very Mad
.... So after my nice week off work its back to work for me (propper job!), whilst Jase is enjoying diving and driving the boat around the island. Well I'm not happy....Just got a text from Jase.... guess what he's seen today???? Yep you guessed it a whaleshark! Grrrrrrrr anoy LOL! And the other funny thing.... Jase didnt take the camera this monring... so no pics! LOL!

Oh well... fingerscrossed I will see one at the weekend when I'm out diving! Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 897312

I love you Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 47170
Back to top Go down
Andy W

PostSubject: Re: Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page! :o)    Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 6:49 pm

(Whoops nearly)

Hey Pink stuff, (Sorry cant give you a pink thing)

Hows tricks with the pair of you, is the old fella still with us after trying to camouflage himself with the crabs.

Thats a festive xmas tree down there.

#

For Pinky (Andy not responsible)
Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 898105
Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 898105 Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 898105
Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 898105 Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 898105 Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 898105
Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 167911

Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 47170

Last edited by Doc on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't talk to Pinky without illustrations)
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

PostSubject: Re: Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page! :o)    Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 10:36 am

Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 246400
All good here! The sun burn has turned to a nice shade of brown now.... bronzed god and goddess LOL! x missing you smilies Andy Sad
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

PostSubject: Re: Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page! :o)    Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:46 am

Well it was a special day for me yesterday on CI.... logged my 50th dive on Christmas Island, and I also logged my 200th dive!!!!!
Two good dives for me, Jase and Jase's first AOW student! WHOOP WHOOP!!!!! So 2 Adventure Dives completed.... DEEP and FISH ID!
.... or should that be Shark ID! What a Face
I'm getting quite good at Shark-whispering! Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 246400 Jase might say a little too good... at one point we had over 6 sharks around us at the same time (3 different species!)..... I just love them!!!! Best adrenaline rush ever!!! Theres nothing better than a twitching shark coming towards ya at 30/40m! Twisted Evil

As well as the diving with customers and students we are still enjoying the odd pleasure dive.... Jase just has to go deeper than me.... LOL... not that we are at all competative! Recreational + dive limits of course! After a very wet but hot few weeks, the sun has rejoined us..... and it is scortching out here! I've even found myself on the Ozzy news/TV! Unfortunatly all work related!

Jase is as busy as ever.... diving, driving the boat and fixing everything!.... you could say he is in his element! Very Happy Just wish I didnt have to have a propper job... which I could be out there with him 7 days a week.... one day maybe!

Looking forward to our Christmas Dive, on Christmas Island! Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 324289 .... no snow or ice for us tho Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 756333 Our Christmas Dive will be on Christmas Day... and for all those Pink fans out there Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 47170 .... I have got a fab surprise for you.... you'll have to watch this space for the photos!
Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 897312 fingers crossed that Santa brings me a Whale-Shark for christmas!!!! .... still havent seen one Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 300398

Hope you are all well and have a super white Christmas! Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 153995

Love and hugs Lexy and Jase x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page! :o)    Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page!  :o)   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crimbo Island - Lexys dive log page! :o)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2