Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

first photo challenge

Go down 
+17
jayne65
Mary
Andy K
moose
killa
Dobs
Joolybee
hob nobby
sheelagh
Squirrel
Rob
Tink
SpongebobPeterpants
Ian G
jason_242
Pappa Smudge
Admin
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin

Admin

first photo challenge - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: first photo challenge   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

first photo challenge - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes So this will be the first photo challenge:

March Challenge

= Silhouttes =

first photo challenge - Page 3 Silhou10

Now it's over to you. Don't forget the rules!

Last edited by Admin on Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:04 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://proscuba.forumotion.com

AuthorMessage
Admin

Admin

PostSubject: Re: first photo challenge   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:21 am

Now then Mr Tinkerbell.. take your mind back to how I often lit cave pictures.

Well the same technique was employed by Emma - not photoshop, but quality photography and a very carefull Squrriel with a torch.

To hightlight some more of this type of photography, here are a couple of pictures to show the same effect. (this is a photo display not my entry for today - my rules first photo challenge - Page 3 Icon_tongue )

first photo challenge - Page 3 Img_1510first photo challenge - Page 3 Img_1511
first photo challenge - Page 3 Img_1512first photo challenge - Page 3 Img_1410

Long exposure pictures and light drawing - just like you did with sparklers when you we're a kid.

first photo challenge - Page 3 159378 So I'll put this one as my shot of the day. From the same set, from Andy and I at the Wharncliffe weekender. Again only one torch was used to hightlight the signs and the tent!

first photo challenge - Page 3 Img_1514

first photo challenge - Page 3 Icon_biggrin So far there are some truly great pictures entered. But I know there's more out there. The early moon tonight could be interesting first photo challenge - Page 3 Suspect I've seen lots of realy good pictures that fit well in this first challenge catergory. If you can't upload your pictures - come on down on a Thursday night to the White Heart Pub and I'll give you lessons, or just drop me a line.

first photo challenge - Page 3 502519

Back to top Go down
moose

moose

PostSubject: Re: first photo challenge   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:03 pm

i didnt even twig that Tink was implying that i wa a cheat!!!!! how rude! it was purely a pro at work u cheeky beggar! x
Back to top Go down
Tink

Tink

Humor : Do I have to have one???

PostSubject: Mmmm   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:43 pm

I was defeated by technogolgy.

My comment was posted after seeing Sam's image of the statue. By the time I'd finished typing it and posting it the image had gone and now that you have shown the full sequence I stick to my comment. Free or otherwise, it has been manipulated. I never said it wasn't a good arty image just that I implied that it wasn't the original photograph.

Sorry, I'm old school. You should become good enough with the camera not to need to manipulte it. I wish to become that good one day (if I live long enough).

first photo challenge - Page 3 358168
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

PostSubject: Re: first photo challenge   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:22 pm

Believe in creatitivity

A photo is an image, a snapshot of time. What you see is not always what you expect. A painting or drawing is just the same. The artist creates there moment, the way they would like people to see it... a photograph image can be dressed and manipulated in front of the lens or after. In the case of most photgraphs, the art is the development process.

True reflection through the lens can still be manipulated, two girls from west yorkshire with thier dads camera in 1917 proved that (thought i'd keep in with the Tink theme, trains tomorrow!):

first photo challenge - Page 3 Fairie10

Last edited by Admin on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SpongebobPeterpants
PADI Assistant Instructor
SpongebobPeterpants

Humor : Dum spiro spero

PostSubject: Re: first photo challenge   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:26 pm

Photoshop speciality coming up!! first photo challenge - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
http://www.protier.co.uk
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

PostSubject: Digital technology   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:37 pm

I can remember going to a camera club, somewhere in Huddersfield, where only 35mm film was allowed, B&W and Colour!!!

Then Digital cameras were invented.

We weren't allowed to use them to enter any of the monthly competitions.

I left the club then.

I bet they were all digital a couple of years after that.

Things move on.

Try Picasa it is free and fun to use
Back to top Go down
Ian G
Rescue Diver
Ian G

PostSubject: My entry for today   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:43 pm

first photo challenge - Page 3 Pic157
Back to top Go down
Andy K
Dive Master
Andy K

PostSubject: Re: first photo challenge   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:43 am

Thats a beautiful picture Ian. Nice one first photo challenge - Page 3 Icon_lol first photo challenge - Page 3 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
http://kefalonianvillarentals.co.uk
Admin

Admin

PostSubject: Re: first photo challenge   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:59 am

Do agree with you Mr Kenworthy, cracking shot first photo challenge - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

So heres is mine for today. One taken on a night dive at capernwray with Chris as the model.

first photo challenge - Page 3 Img_3210
Back to top Go down
SpongebobPeterpants
PADI Assistant Instructor
SpongebobPeterpants

Humor : Dum spiro spero

PostSubject: Re: first photo challenge   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 7:55 pm

Nice Crab....lol
first photo challenge - Page 3 314scrd
Back to top Go down
http://www.protier.co.uk
killa
MSDT
killa

Humor : Never upset a ginna!!!!

PostSubject: Re: first photo challenge   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:03 pm

first photo challenge - Page 3 Dsc02810 Emley Moor mast in the snow!!
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

PostSubject: Re: first photo challenge   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:13 am

Wheres the top of the mast... don't tell me it's an insurance claim again first photo challenge - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes

This is what it looks like on the inside, with a very young looking pappa smudge!

first photo challenge - Page 3 P1010810first photo challenge - Page 3 P1010812

Back to the challenge.....

here is my effort for today...extra points to see if anyone can identify where and who?

first photo challenge - Page 3 2008_p10
Back to top Go down
Tink

Tink

PostSubject: Lets see   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:45 am

Could that be the Blue Hole in Menorca
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

PostSubject: Re: first photo challenge   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:48 am

first photo challenge - Page 3 Icon_evil to where
first photo challenge - Page 3 Icon_twisted to country
first photo challenge - Page 3 Confused but who? (clue, your one of them!)
Back to top Go down
Tink

Tink

PostSubject: I think I know two   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:07 am

Me and Squirrel, but not sure who the other is. Not sure where. Is it the fisheye lens that's distorting it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: first photo challenge   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:11 am

Where?

Hmmm..... Canyons, looking up just through the arch (or is that Tunnel Vision???).

Who?

3 sets of Oceanic Splits and theres a Drysuit Pocket on the right...

Tink, Squirrel and Me??
Back to top Go down
Tink

Tink

PostSubject: Lara Croft   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:37 am

They are Lara Croft pockets so that makes it Ian.

Still can't think where
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

PostSubject: Re: first photo challenge   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:26 pm

first photo challenge - Page 3 Icon_biggrin Well between you both you are right.

The pictures of Tink, Squirrel and Ian, ocianic fins and lara croft pockets give it away. The place is as channer pointed out, through the archway on the canyons, turn right when you get in and swim along.

well done... more tomorw.
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

PostSubject: Re: first photo challenge   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:45 am

first photo challenge - Page 3 Suspect Come on you guys I know you've got more, stop hiding and show us what you got.

first photo challenge - Page 3 Drunken_smilie mine today is on the simular lines to the yesterday, again who and where???

first photo challenge - Page 3 2008_p11
Back to top Go down
Tink

Tink

PostSubject: ok   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:59 am

Ian, me, Ange and Channer in Menorca possibly outside Jewel Cavern or possibly near the entrance to Tunnel Vision
Back to top Go down
Mary

Mary

PostSubject: Re: first photo challenge   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:06 pm

Steve, my entry for today

Red nose day dive at ponds forge all of us at the surface in a star!

You have the piccy though Wink

P.S mask and fins
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

PostSubject: Re: first photo challenge   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:38 pm

first photo challenge - Page 3 687800 Correct Mr Tinkerbell, ouside Jewel, near exit.

Tut tut Mary.. you can upload your own pictures first photo challenge - Page 3 36615
Back to top Go down
moose

moose

PostSubject: Re: first photo challenge   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 7:18 pm

first photo challenge - Page 3 Andys_13
Back to top Go down
killa
MSDT
killa

Humor : Never upset a ginna!!!!

PostSubject: Re: first photo challenge   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:56 pm

first photo challenge - Page 3 Dscf0010 Taken in the back garden last year, practicing with new camera
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: This months category...   first photo challenge - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:10 am

Mr Killa my legendary friend... Evil or Very Mad

Which part of Silhouette (this months topic) did you miss?

It's nearly time for some tug action!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: first photo challenge   first photo challenge - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

first photo challenge
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next