Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

North Wales - 19th April

Go down 
+2
Tink
killa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
killa
MSDT
killa

Humor : Never upset a ginna!!!!

North Wales - 19th April Empty
PostSubject: North Wales - 19th April   North Wales - 19th April EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 9:09 am

Following less than favourable weather conditions the proposed trip to the North East was changed to North Wales.

We all met in Tesco's cafe for a bit of low fat diet food!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil The Tides were for later in the day, so a vote was for Dotty. The weather was amazing, with not a cloud in the sky.

Dotty viz was a bit poor for the first 10m but did clear around 25m. After a little upping and downing - finding buddies etc we set off down the 25m line. Jack had a small free flow but was sorted quickly and we headed for the tunnel.
A good 35 min (average) dive was had.

We then headed off for Tredor harbour/pier for a new dive site for most of us. The sea was on the way in but like a mill pond. We kitted up and walked in. The viz was about 4m max so we headed under the pier. There was quite a lot of life under with scorpion fish, pipe fish, crabs etc and a small octopus. Jack and big Rich appeared to be trying to get to the Menai Straits for a dive!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Overall this was one of the best dive days for a long time. A good number of people attended but still room for more. The weather and sea conditions made the day also.

Thanks everybody who came and keep diving!! :cheers: :cheers:
Back to top Go down
Tink

Tink

Humor : Do I have to have one???

PostSubject: Sooo Good   North Wales - 19th April EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 11:07 am

My first trip to Dotty. Wow, what a site. A big thanks to big Rich for getting the kit down to the waters edge. I went in with Smudge, big Rich & Teresa and the nobs.

Viz was crap due to someone kicking it up but was great by the time we reached the tunnel. That's where the fun started. Mrs Nobs had a slight problem on the return but was helped by the calming effect of well trained crew. All were returned to the shore safe and happy.

This site was topped off by the sight of a buzzard being mobbed by a group of finches (slight mis-match in size there).

It was then off to Trefor (correct spelling my friend Razz ) Wow, what a great place.

You wouldn't believe we all dived the same place when you here about the creatures seen.

For Ange and myself, we saw some large shrimps, hermit crabs, normal crabs, a couple of scropionfish, a Balan Wrasse, some flatfish, a couple of baby cuttlefish and the best of all a small dogfish that was quite happy having it's picture took (wish I knew how to upload them Sad )

A great day out with cracking friends only topped off by stopping off at a great little pub on the way back towards Caernarvon for an evening meal.

Great day out - so why are the rest of you missing out on these trips.

COME ON AND JOIN US. Good company, beautiful scenery and cracking dives.
Back to top Go down
Pappa Smudge
Admin
Pappa Smudge

Humor : still looking

PostSubject: Re: North Wales - 19th April   North Wales - 19th April EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 11:51 am

Dorothea and Trefor Pier Very Happy

What a great day with two locations! Our firsts dive of the day was a the disused slate quarry at Dorothea. Fresh water diving with the viz a little poor above 10m. Good dive though some people need to relax and breath less air Embarassed
Back in the cars to head out onto the Llyn Peninsula to the SEA Very Happy . Trefor Pier was our dive site. Easy entry off the sandy beach. Good diving with dog fish, crabs, octopus all seen on this dive.
What really made the day was a great group of people and some beatiful sunny weather. drunken

North Wales - 19th April Dscf2111
North Wales - 19th April North_10North Wales - 19th April North_11North Wales - 19th April North_12
North Wales - 19th April North_13North Wales - 19th April North_14North Wales - 19th April North_15
North Wales - 19th April North_16North Wales - 19th April North_17North Wales - 19th April North_18
North Wales - 19th April North_19North Wales - 19th April North_20North Wales - 19th April North_21
North Wales - 19th April North_22North Wales - 19th April North_23North Wales - 19th April North_28
North Wales - 19th April North_25North Wales - 19th April North_26North Wales - 19th April North_27
North Wales - 19th April North_29North Wales - 19th April North_31North Wales - 19th April North_32
North Wales - 19th April North_33North Wales - 19th April North_34North Wales - 19th April North_35
North Wales - 19th April North_36North Wales - 19th April North_37North Wales - 19th April North_38
North Wales - 19th April North_39North Wales - 19th April North_40North Wales - 19th April North_41
North Wales - 19th April North_42North Wales - 19th April North_43
North Wales - 19th April North_44North Wales - 19th April North_45North Wales - 19th April North_46
Back to top Go down
Joolybee

Joolybee

Humor : I laugh every time I look in the mirror!!!

PostSubject: would love to!!   North Wales - 19th April EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:30 pm

Papa

In answer to your question about why no more peeps!! I would LOVE to but it was a study weekend for me so I was stuck in a classroom!!

the longshot of this is that it willl lead to a better life and income that I can come and play more often.

In the meantime I will kee looking at the trip reports and enjoying it all second hand!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
big rich
Advanced Open Water
big rich

PostSubject: Re: North Wales - 19th April   North Wales - 19th April EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 3:45 pm

a big thanks to all the crew except mr killa .we found what you had lost in dotty ,but we then lost him too and chased him to angelsea .must say even though we had ventured off the map and dive plan the dive was fantastic the underwater .found lots of dog fish and big crabs .jack had a cammera but we could not find him .,

a big thankyou to tink for bieng there at 27 meters when problems arose sorry for thinking you were smudge .

thanks rest of pro scuba except killa for a nice day out
Back to top Go down
big rich
Advanced Open Water
big rich

PostSubject: Re: North Wales - 19th April   North Wales - 19th April EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 3:53 pm

smudge you seem to have missed off a pic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
moose

moose

PostSubject: Re: North Wales - 19th April   North Wales - 19th April EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 6:52 pm

it was supposedly a study weekend for me too, what with a huge essay due in tomorrow. but as you can see from the photos, i used my college work bag as a pillow to sunbathe!!!!!! did eventually get abit of work done whilst laid on a rug with a beautiful scene behind me! im hoping its some of my best work yet!!!

what a lovely day it was!
Back to top Go down
Joolybee

Joolybee

Humor : I laugh every time I look in the mirror!!!

PostSubject: I wish   North Wales - 19th April EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 8:18 am

Em
I wish I had been able to sit in the sun to study but was sat on a very hard chair in a classroom getting a numb bum!!!!Embarassed

I have got one weekend free in the next 7 weeks so I am hoping that there is something happening so that I can come out and play even if I dont dive!!!!

Hope to see you all soon!!!

jools
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North Wales - 19th April   North Wales - 19th April Empty

Back to top Go down

North Wales - 19th April
Page 1 of 1