Share | 

Vivian on a cold grey day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED

PostSubject: Vivian on a cold grey day   Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:05 pm

Vivian Quarry

So 6 of us met up at usual place, Tesco's Bangor, for the cooked breakfast at 9.30am.
Well Bent had a couple of fruit scones with clotted cream and jam, must be in a different time zone like German tea-time.
Looked good anyway Bent!
Then set off from there in our 3 cars to Vivian.
Nice quiet car-park but was it busy at the quarry with lots of student students. Anyway they were all finished by the time we were starting and did not disturb our dives.
First dive - brilliant vis, second dive not so good, but think we only had Jack/Smudge/ourselves to blame for that. As you will see there was a lot of digging....

Here are a few pics. Dive 1 with the SLR, Dive 2 with the Fuj f600, some problem with latter as flash was a bit odd compared to my first dive with it, maybe it had not popped up enough as it was only reaching the top part of the frame. Any ideas let me know! Will try diffuser next time.

Dive 1

Safety stop:

Dive 2:

Back to top Go down
Dobs
PADI Assistant Instructor

Humor : Anything funny

PostSubject: Re: Vivian on a cold grey day   Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:17 am

Great pictures as always Doc,

Thank you everyone for making the dives so enjoyable. Great Company as always, Great Viz and a good dive. Can't say the same for the weather but then again this was Vivian, so it was as expected. There is a reason the welsh even put slate in their hillsides, cos' its always raining.

Please remember everyone when diving we are responsible for ourselves and our buddies. Make sure you always follow the best practices and lets not take unneccessary risks by extending our dives outside of safe guidelines. Recreational diving is fun and should be a relaxing time for all. Please lets continue to show respect for what could happen, if we are not all aware of each others situations. But the onus should and is always on the individual.......
Back to top Go down
Ian G
Rescue Diver

PostSubject: Re: Vivian on a cold grey day   Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:13 pm

Good day's diving (apart from the weather), but I have to admit this was the worst weather I've ever experienced at Vivian so perhaps I've been lucky in the past.Good company with Doc, Bent, Jack, Dobs & Smudge. Most of us managed two dives. Having trouble downloading my pictures from camera, but Doc seems to have photographed just about everything in there so you aren't missing anything. Thanks one again to dive buddies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vivian on a cold grey day   

Back to top Go down

Vivian on a cold grey day
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1