Share | 

Cold in Capers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED

PostSubject: Cold in Capers   Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Capernwray in the cold

It was a frosty start for a small group of us at Capernwray today, but at least it was quiet there with an almost empty carpark.
At least the only ice was on the ground, making it fun to trying to kit up, buddies were needed to stop feet from sliding as you stood up.
Jack and Neil W went off on their own for dive 1 leaving Andy W, myself and Charlie to help Smudge with the 2 students, Mike and Pete, Charlie being photographer on that dive. I just managed a couple of photos of buddy Pete Mann during his dry suit dive.

Pete decided not to carry on to dive 2 so we managed to go round in one group although 4 of us stayed in a little longer, over 40 mins, before the cold got the better of us.

The new camera on the first 2m training platform amused us and the fish, and Frosty the snowman who stands at the opposite end to the camera. The video is played in the cafe which was entertaing viewing over lunch. Sammy has photos from the dry and warm end of the camera.

So here are some photos, mostly from my second dive...

Last edited by Doc on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charlesworth
vimto fueled diver
vimto fueled diver

PostSubject: Re: Cold in Capers   Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:09 pm

Great day out diving
Thanks to everyone who came :x santa 03:
Doc pretty much said it , will add my pictures tomorrow :x santa 02:
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cold in Capers   Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:08 am

20m Vizability on a Sunday at Capernwray

Well Done Mike on completing his first two open water dives and to both Mike and Pete with using Drysuits for the first time. Great day and a big thanks to the team for helping out.

Don't forget our xmas dive next Sunday

It was interesting that Capernwray was fairly quiet. The only dive schools there was ProScuba, Robin Hood, Divers Warehouse, Diving Leisure - all from West Yorkshire.... makes you think us Yorkshire folk are so hard....
Back to top Go down
http://proscuba.forumotion.com
Andy W
always moist & wet
always moist & wet

Humor : And All Of That !!!!

PostSubject: Re: Cold in Capers   Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:15 pm

No Emotions for me here.

As usual a fabulous day of general entertainment and diving PROSCUBA style. Great to see our one and only dive god of teaching in the water again, (Yes in the water twice). SIR SMUDGE wave (Sorry sorry sorry please forgive me im just soooooo excited. Sorry, Sorry Sorry please forgive me.)

First of all Congratulations to Mike (Sorry), on completing his first two open water dives. whilst using a dry suit for the first time. WELL DONE !!

Secondly to Pete it was good to see him complete his first open water dry suit dive which he enjoyed, I think we have him hooked now and we will be seeing him regularly. Dont forget Pete that we do visit different sites almost every weekend so a new experience all the time.

Great company as usual the team being:
Sir Smudge, Doc, Sammy (shore cover - not my favourite person today - see pic below), Charlesworth (MSD of the month - Legend), Neil W, Jack The Hat Mc Ebay, Pete Mann, Mike.

Thanks to all for a fab day.

I still cant decide whether or not to wash these Samantha as the stale smell of Wee is now becoming overpowering in my garage. !!!!

Back to top Go down
Charlesworth
vimto fueled diver
vimto fueled diver

PostSubject: Re: Cold in Capers   Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:36 pm

My photos...

Getting there, just need to find out right sizes for photos:P

:?: :?: :?:
Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED

PostSubject: Re: Cold in Capers   Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:45 am

Great photos Charlie!

Pinky - have you noticed my fluorescent pink reel?

And worryingly, I think I look like Sammy in one of those shots, are we related
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor

PostSubject: Re: Cold in Capers   Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:08 am

Yes I had noticed!!!!.... Super!!!! Love it!
The rest of your pics are fab too guys.... great vis! Andy - dare I ask whats going on with those socks?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cold in Capers   

Back to top Go down

Cold in Capers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1