Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Llynn Pennisnsula Thursday 29th July 2010

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hob nobby

hob nobby

Humor : the sillier the better - when will i eva grow up

Llynn Pennisnsula Thursday 29th July 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Llynn Pennisnsula Thursday 29th July 2010   Llynn Pennisnsula Thursday 29th July 2010 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi Everyone...long time no see!!!!!!!

Just to let you know we have been based at Rhiw close to Aberdaren last week for the family holiday with Ma Pa Big Sis and Bro in law in a cottage ( ahhh the luxury!!!!) Apart form Trefor we didnt know where decent shore dives were down here so after a phone call to a local Skipper / Padi Instructor we chartered his boat for an evening of diving and a wild life tour!!!! with a non diving family of four. it was great having a boat to ourselves!!!!!!

Dive One:
dropped in approx 6:15 pm for a good 30 minute dive ( time stipulated by Skipper Jason). The site was a small rock out crop close to BArdsley Island to dive with the seals, but die to less than perfect vis, and a slip up on the bearing we managed to skirt the edge and so bimbled around at 10 m. saw more fish than at the farnes and wonderful weeds etc. Lots of large crabs too.

what was good was that this was myself and steve alone in the sea doin it all on our own with no one to hold hands. Piuctures are really limitted as Jason Skipper asked us to inflate and tow the SMB on decent, so hands were a bit tied up but he told us it sttod well for the whole dive and was there to pic us up as we popped up from the safety stop.

Dive two:
30 mins surface interval and this time dropping onto a small reef off Phwelli. Max depth for us was 12 mtrs and dive time only ten mins down to me being a bit too floaty!!!!!!! We worked well as a buddy pair as we rolled along the seabed together whilst steve was trying to release any air trapped in the suit, but guess what.... i dropped half my weights ( intergrated p0uoches are pap!!!) and they were no where to be seen. We made steve negative and managed a joint ascent at a nice steady pace....so more lessons learned and more experience for us.

Anyway, its a great place, with campsites galore. Jason skipper concentrates on fishing as its more lucrative but is happy to charter out to divers (max ten on boat) He knew his stuff, and was a real lovely chap so if anyone fancies it let me know i will pass on his details.

We were hoping to meet up on sunday but dotty not really a beach is it and i cant leave kids there unsupervised so we decided to give it a miss come home and sort a weeks washing.

I got a taste for body boarding this week, anyone any good cos im not>>>>> and would appreciate some lessons !!!!

see you guys soon

hob Nobbs
xxxx
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

Llynn Pennisnsula Thursday 29th July 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Llynn Pennisnsula Thursday 29th July 2010   Llynn Pennisnsula Thursday 29th July 2010 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:18 pm

Glad to hear you had a good time hun!!!! x x x
Back to top Go down

Llynn Pennisnsula Thursday 29th July 2010
Page 1 of 1