Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dotty - 5th December

Go down 
+7
jayne65
jason_242
Andy K
sheelagh
big rich
YoYo
Pappa Smudge
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Pappa Smudge
Admin
Pappa Smudge

Humor : still looking

Dotty - 5th December Empty
PostSubject: Dotty - 5th December   Dotty - 5th December EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 8:55 pm

Dotty - 5th December 47170 ProScuba was at Dotty Today. My favorate dive site in the whole wide world Dotty - 5th December 227760

Two Great dives or should I say three Dotty - 5th December Icon_silent
Back to the diving: viz fantasitc Dotty - 5th December Icon_biggrin from surface to 40m Dotty - 5th December Icon_smile so making for the perfect conditions underwater. Shame the same couldn't be said for the weather Dotty - 5th December 747113

Great team today, with Lex, Teresa, Richard, YoYo and Jason (now to be re-named 'asbo') Thanks to everyone for making it a great day - two visits to tesco's too.

CONGRATULATIONS to Lex and Teresa on passing thier Deep Diver Specialty Dotty - 5th December 852810

Thank you to YoYo and jason in thier assistance in the water, and to YoYo and teresa for the great lunch and coffee Dotty - 5th December 484792

Here are some of todays pictures Dotty - 5th December 309655

Dotty - 5th December Dscf6520Dotty - 5th December Dscf6519Dotty - 5th December Dscf6518Dotty - 5th December Dscf6517
Dotty - 5th December Dscf6516Dotty - 5th December Dscf6515Dotty - 5th December Dscf6514
Dotty - 5th December Dscf6513Dotty - 5th December Dscf6512
Dotty - 5th December Dscf6511Dotty - 5th December Dscf6510Dotty - 5th December Dscf6619
Dotty - 5th December Dscf6618Dotty - 5th December Dscf6617Dotty - 5th December Dscf6616
Dotty - 5th December Dscf6615Dotty - 5th December Dscf6614Dotty - 5th December Dscf6613
Dotty - 5th December Dscf6612Dotty - 5th December Dscf6611Dotty - 5th December Dscf6610
Back to top Go down
YoYo

YoYo

PostSubject: Re: Dotty - 5th December   Dotty - 5th December EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 10:41 pm

Great days diving the viz was the best iv'e seen nice diving with you all. Prezzy for Teresa Dotty - 5th December Tout_rightproduct Dotty - 5th December 646916

Last edited by YoYo on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
big rich
Advanced Open Water
big rich

PostSubject: Re: Dotty - 5th December   Dotty - 5th December EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 10:49 pm

good day out many thanks
Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

PostSubject: Congratulations!!   Dotty - 5th December EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 8:47 am

Congratulations to both Lex and Theresa - well done Dotty - 5th December Icon_cheers Dotty - 5th December Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Andy K
Dive Master
Andy K

PostSubject: Re: Dotty - 5th December   Dotty - 5th December EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:54 pm

Well done Guys and congratulations. Glad you all had a fantastic and safe day in the hands of the Smudge Meister. Looking forward to Dotty mi sen on the 30th Dotty - 5th December 718927 Dotty - 5th December 474975 Dotty - 5th December 201973
Back to top Go down
http://kefalonianvillarentals.co.uk
jason_242
Instructor
jason_242

Humor : Has its ups and downs...

PostSubject: Re: Dotty - 5th December   Dotty - 5th December EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 2:55 pm

Dotty - 5th December Lol Sure she wiil appreciate the thought Yo Yo Dotty - 5th December Icon_lol
Thanks to all who attended had a great day
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

PostSubject: My day at Dotty   Dotty - 5th December EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 3:07 pm

Yesterday was my first time at Dotty, and I had a lovely day.
Apologies for the delay in posting a review (as I usually do) - I needed to catch up on some well earned sleep!!!!

I want to share my experiences from yesterday, so that others can learn from them - as I have.

Dotty is a very pretty site, although the entry to the water (a steep slope) - was a bit of a mission, especially with a bad back! The site is very remote, although I was very pleased that both my mobiles (work/personal) had a full signal!)

I buddied with Teresa. Teresa and I have dived together numerous times and we are both very aware of each other under the water. Our trust and knowledge of each others (including our equipment) deemed very important on our first dive!

Dive One - 10 mins, depth 22.3m.
The dive started lovely. The plan was for a steady decent to 40m. When we reached 22m I quickly became aware that I was not receving any air through either of my regs. Up to this point my regs had been totally fine!!!! I immediatly signaled "no air" to my buddy and quickly aproached her in the water. Due to the lack of air in my system I became slightly confused and I could not see Teresas Octo - until she rammed it in my face! I knew that I had swallowed some water and was slightly panicing at this point - Teresa was fantastic - I cannot thank her enough! She remained calm, held eye contact with me and controlled our assent safely back to the surface. Due to loosing control over my breathing, during the assent Teresa had to take control. -My brain was not functioning at all. The only think I could think of was to dump my air from my dry suit. I was so pleased to have reached the surface alive! After a few minutes of enjoying being able to breath - Smudge joined us at the surface. I couldnt understand what had happened. On the surface my regs were again working fine? Upon discussion in the water Smugde checked the valve on my tank, and observed that the tank valve was not fully open, as it should have been. Under the pressure at 22m the valve was not allowing the air to get to my regs. At the lower pressure above 22m - the regs managed to work ok.

Although the experience of no air completely freaked me out, I knew I had to dive on! My folks have always tought me to get back in the horse when you fall off, which is what I did! Smudge was happy for us to continue the planned dive. All I asked was that they both stayed close to me incase it happened again.... although Smudge was confident it would not happen again... as the tank valve was now fully open!

Dive Two - 24 mins, depth 40.9m.
We surface swam to the 40m marker buoys and decended down the shot line to 40m. Loving the pic of Teresa and I on the shot line Smudge!!! At 40m we spent a few minutes mooching around the gnome garden and the "ladder". No probs at all!!!!! Hurray!!!! -One very happy Lexy! We continued our dive on a slow assent... found Santa's grotto and few of his other friends!

Dive Three - 42 mins, depth 30.5m.
Slow assent to 20m (ish) due both of us having problems equalising. This wasnt a problem as the vis was so good, we could see the rest of the group right below us. We swam around through what I can only describe as a canyon, which was very eeery. The underwater trees were something else!

The vis on all 3 dives was amazing. Water temp ranged from 6-8 degrees. I didn't see any life under the water, except divers and Father Crimbo! Although I think YoYo mentioned seeing one tiny fish as he was exiting the water on the last dive!
Geographically this site is beautiful and at times kind of eeery. On dive 2 and 3 I did find it to be really really dark at depth, which no longer freaks me out! Although when finances approve I will be investing in a bigger torch!

Would I dive again at Dotty? - Yeah defo! There are more parts of dotty that I want to explore, including the tunnels!

In regards to what went wrong on dive one... I dont want to get into a mass debate or lecture on this please!
The valve on this tank is quite easy to turn (in comparison to my other tank). There could have been a number of reasons why the valve was not fully open (eg oversight when setting up equipment, the valve got accidently knocked when being assisted into the water, my hoses may have rubbed against it at any point... etc etc) - or it could have been a comblination of a number of things.
In future I will always be asking my buddy to fully check my valve moments before we decent on a dive!

I've been lucky enough to have completed a good number of dives at depth now and I'm really pleased to have completed my deep diver yesterday. Although I dont intend to dive to 40m on a regular basis, I feel its a good insurance policy... especially when diving in warmer waters with amazing vis!

The company yesterday was great! Had a good laugh with everyone.
I'm hoping Jason wont be on his Asbo for too long, as he is proving to be a top bloke (IN AND OUT OF THE WATER!!!) x

Thanks again to everyone!
Looking forward to diving with everyone again in the New Year!!!!

Love and hugs

Dotty - 5th December 47170 Pinky x Dotty - 5th December 47170
Back to top Go down
hob nobby

hob nobby

Humor : the sillier the better - when will i eva grow up

PostSubject: Re: Dotty - 5th December   Dotty - 5th December EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:02 pm

A good anf honest account and report lex ..... thank you.....this is all good learning material for the novices ( ie me!). its real and far better than a glossy manual.

So glad all turned out 'happily ever after' and well done Mother Teresa.

speak soon huge hugs

Em x
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

PostSubject: Re: Dotty - 5th December   Dotty - 5th December EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:52 pm

Thank you Emma, you kind comments are much appreciated!
x x x x
Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor
jason_242

PostSubject: Re: Dotty - 5th December   Dotty - 5th December EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 11:34 pm

OMG Dotty - 5th December Affraid I have an ASBO well thats what Smudge said Dotty - 5th December Lol
Red carded for being a cheeky monkey Dotty - 5th December 136363

Dotty - 5th December Icon_scratch Well I promise to be on my best behavior both in and out of the water Dotty - 5th December 159378 and I might even be good on here Dotty - 5th December 709587 cos Pinky Dotty - 5th December 47170 says I am a TOP (ahem) bloke Dotty - 5th December 474975

Oh alright I paid her to say that Dotty - 5th December 774939

These are great Smudge we could have a competition to see how many we can fit in a message Dotty - 5th December 365569
Back to top Go down
big rich
Advanced Open Water
big rich

PostSubject: Re: Dotty - 5th December   Dotty - 5th December EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 5:36 am

YoYo wrote:
Great days diving the viz was the best iv'e seen nice diving with you all. Prezzy for Teresa Dotty - 5th December Tout_rightproduct Dotty - 5th December 646916

tic toc tena lol
Back to top Go down
Pappa Smudge
Admin
Pappa Smudge

Humor : still looking

PostSubject: Re: Dotty - 5th December   Dotty - 5th December EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 11:13 am

Dotty - 5th December Drunken_smilie The've started doing Tena Men in the supermarket!

Dotty - 5th December 69947110

FREE SAMPLES AT:

http://www.tenaformen.co.uk/request.html

Dotty - 5th December 201973
Back to top Go down
tic toc
Advanced Open Water
tic toc

PostSubject: Re: Dotty - 5th December   Dotty - 5th December EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 11:28 am

lol, thanks guys you're all heart,Thank you also to lexi for those kind words it was a joint effort as the situation was soon brought under control.It was a fantastic days diving and some great leg pulling going on too.nice to see everyone has a great sense of humour.

love you all xxxxx
teresa
Back to top Go down
YoYo

YoYo

PostSubject: Re: Dotty - 5th December   Dotty - 5th December EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 12:34 pm

I have just ordered my free Tena man sample so if i'm pulling a strange face under water i'm not narked i'm just having a tinkle Dotty - 5th December 622380
Back to top Go down
Squirrel
Instructor
Squirrel

PostSubject: Re: Dotty - 5th December   Dotty - 5th December EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 12:51 pm

I hope so, i have just oreded Pa some tena for men, Too

Happy X-mas taunt2 Hope you like your present
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfatpie.co.uk
Tink

Tink

Humor : Do I have to have one???

PostSubject: Oh bugger   Dotty - 5th December EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:34 pm

I guess I got it wrong again - I thought it was a tenner for a lady Dotty - 5th December 555139 Dotty - 5th December 43270
Back to top Go down
big rich
Advanced Open Water
big rich

PostSubject: Re: Dotty - 5th December   Dotty - 5th December EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:13 pm

Tink wrote:
I guess I got it wrong again - I thought it was a tenner for a lady Dotty - 5th December 555139 Dotty - 5th December 43270
A TENNERS FINE TINK.CASH THOUGH !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
big rich
Advanced Open Water
big rich

PostSubject: Re: Dotty - 5th December   Dotty - 5th December EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:16 pm

Pappa Smudge wrote:
OUCH Dotty - 5th December Affraid
Dotty - 5th December Drunken_smilie The've started doing Tena Men in the supermarket!

Dotty - 5th December 69947110

FREE SAMPLES AT:

http://www.tenaformen.co.uk/request.html

Dotty - 5th December 201973
Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor
jason_242

PostSubject: Re: Dotty - 5th December   Dotty - 5th December EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 8:27 pm

Thought you were trying to give her away Rich Dotty - 5th December Lol
But I suppose a tenner is a good price for her. Does she come with a warranty as its worrying that she leaks a little Dotty - 5th December 136363
Back to top Go down
big rich
Advanced Open Water
big rich

PostSubject: Re: Dotty - 5th December   Dotty - 5th December EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:25 am

lol ..
she found that funny ,and so did i
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dotty - 5th December   Dotty - 5th December Empty

Back to top Go down

Dotty - 5th December
Page 1 of 1