Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dorothea - 30th March

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
killa
MSDT
killa

Humor : Never upset a ginna!!!!

Dorothea - 30th March Empty
PostSubject: Dorothea - 30th March   Dorothea - 30th March EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 8:32 pm

A good days diving was had by Myself and the boss (as no one else was playing - so called divers!!!!!!!) Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
The weather was very good - sunny all day. Snowdon was majestic, with the top covered in snowDorothea - 30th March P3010010

The first dive of the day was the deep one!!!! We planned to go to the tunnel at around 57m. Once in the water it was a swim to barrels, down for bubble check at 6m and the on to the ledge at 40m. Once ok down ladder to 50m mark. The tunnel is to the right (facing the ladder). Swam down to the top of the tunnel, where I was knarked out of my T**s. drunken drunken. My head was throbbing and heart racing. Smudge carried on through tunnel, even though I nearly blinded him with my torch (signalling to come up!!!). He turned round (knarked also) and we acended to 40m, where everything was back to normal. Very Happy Very Happy A quick swim round before acending to 9m, 6m and 3m for several stops. after a few laughs about being knarked we swam back to shore.
Back on land we had a potential major incident where a diver who had surfaced too fast and was on oxygen. A short time later the ambulance and feds came but luckily he was ok :cheers: :cheers: and following a quick chat they all left.

The 2nd dive was shallower but using the DPV's - Speciality on the way!!!!!. We went through the tunnel at around 25m and into the left hand corner before coming back to the crane and cars.

This was a good 2 dives, which could have turned into a major incident!!. It is always safer having oxygen when diving at sites like Dotty as there is nothing here to help in an emergency!!! Idea Idea

Some pics will follow from smudge!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: divers   Dorothea - 30th March EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 10:02 pm

Well thanks for the reminder if only the man flu had let up then we would have been there..... Laughing
Sounds Like a good time was had....narked and all affraid :bball: :alien: was the fish chatting to ya :?: Very Happy Laughing
cant wait for the pics.
Back to top Go down
ACCOUNT NOT IN USE

ACCOUNT NOT IN USE

Humor : working - don't make me laugh!

PostSubject: photo time   Dorothea - 30th March EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 11:27 pm

Great days diving as always. Can't really add much to Mr k's report on our diving exploits!

One very serious side to the day was highlighted. It can't be said enough about keeping skills and training up-to-date. This is the second near miss i have been involved with this year. First aid, rescue skills and oxygen admin are skills that need regular practice.

Here's just a few pics - check out the stalk eyes at 50m!

Dorothea - 30th March Dotty_10Dorothea - 30th March Dotty_11
Dorothea - 30th March Doroth13
Back to top Go down
http://www.proscuba.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dorothea - 30th March   Dorothea - 30th March Empty

Back to top Go down

Dorothea - 30th March
Page 1 of 1