Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Record!

Go down 
+9
Rob
Tink
Sammy
Dobs
sheelagh
balddave
big rich
jayne65
Pappa Smudge
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pappa Smudge
Admin
Pappa Smudge

Humor : still looking

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: World Record!   World Record! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 10:07 am

Yesterday ProScuba completed a world record World Record! Icon_biggrin

The world record was something we found out about recently from a book of 2009 dive records. What it was, was simply the 'deepest underwater card trick'. This was in the book at 19m World Record! Icon_tongue so we bet it straight away in Capernwray in October World Record! Icon_tongue . Yesterday we blew that record even further World Record! Icon_bounce . As a member of the Magic Circle, i'm no stranger to doing a bit of magic World Record! Sleep So armed with a deck of cards, Me, Rob and Doc did a 50m dive to perform a card trick at this depth.

World Record! Almana10

World Record! Icon_biggrin Success - the plan was a bottom time of 10mins at 50m to give us a total dive time of 26mins. All three of us were on twin sets and stage bottles. Nice easy dive with a card trick thrown in for good measure! Though I think my buddies were too narked to appreciate the magic trick World Record! Icon_wink

World Record! 2d9o0piWorld Record! 299xs8World Record! 2ykaqns
World Record! 2hsb2ucWorld Record! 2czwvadWorld Record! T6v4w6
World Record! 2dvsgtwWorld Record! X2pfvdWorld Record! B8qp0j
World Record! 29awbk2World Record! 28rdx5eWorld Record! 9h29o5
World Record! Ruw4meWorld Record! 11ugjo0
World Record! Drunken_smilie

Last edited by Pappa Smudge on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:55 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Record!   World Record! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 10:15 am

Well done Smudge! Cool or what!
How do you go about registering your achievements formally?

ps thanks for changing my log in name!

Lex x

Last edited by Pinky on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pappa Smudge
Admin
Pappa Smudge

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Record!   World Record! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 11:37 am

World Record! Drunken_smilie Here are my two dive profiles for yesterday World Record! Fresse

World Record! Dotty_32
Back to top Go down
big rich
Advanced Open Water
big rich

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Record!   World Record! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 12:49 pm

well done..on the world record,and the deep dive .
Back to top Go down
balddave
Advanced Open Water
balddave

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Record!   World Record! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 12:53 pm

how come you didnt take noris mcwhorter with you (this will show everyones age if you can remeber him)

congratulations on your record breaking dive... dedication is what you need World Record! Icon_geek
Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: World Record   World Record! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 1:32 pm

Not bad for a card trick.

Not bad to get to 50m just before my 5oth next week! World Record! Icon_neutral

Thanks to Smudge and Rob for the company on the 2 dives, 50m dive, 26 mins
35m dive, 34 mins.

Thank you World Record! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Dobs
PADI Assistant Instructor
Dobs

Humor : Anything funny

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Record!   World Record! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 4:08 pm

Congratulations on your deep speciality, I too have been pushing for this. But I thought from the information posted regarding this dive that no training would be done on this trip. Plus I didn't want to do the exteneded depth without the training etc. Oh Well!!!! (the main reason I cried off, as it is through knowing that I have the training that I feel safe.) - Next time I'll be there...

Well done to the record breakers out there. The cards looked a little damp, maybe you could have taken a big see through bucket down there with you and performed the trick in the 1/6th volume of air remaining. (volume data added before I was asked, or it was commented on).

See you all on the 13th. As I take it there is no night diving happening for the time being.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Pappa Smudge
Admin
Pappa Smudge

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Record!   World Record! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 4:14 pm

It would have been great to have had you along.

Night dives start again next Tuesday. I'll be posting details later this week.

See you Friday.

"Because of the sensitive nature of this site - ProScuba don't promote organised diving or training at this location, just friends using the water for some personal experiences"
Back to top Go down
Dobs
Dobs

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Record!   World Record! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:12 pm

Hey!! I have no problems with that and i understand, the waters reputation did make me a little more wary....i'm not preaching, just upset I wasn't there....

I will be there next time hopefully qualified and a little more experienced to do the depth, but we'll see. I have to finish the Night Speciality and the rescue diver first. Then, I think I will do the Tech 40 but I wil need some more specialities to get my Master etc. so I will open to your suggestions there, as you have always advised me and looked after me well.

Plus on Friday I really need to complete the pic form for the Equipment Speciality, to add another little card to my collection.

Cheers Ed
Back to top Go down
Sammy

Sammy

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Record!   World Record! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:42 pm

Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Lost card   World Record! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 8:31 pm

Not lost, we know where it is, just that there are only a few people in this world who could go down and get it back - sorry World Record! Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
Sammy

Sammy

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Record!   World Record! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 8:35 pm

Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Record!   World Record! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 8:46 pm

World Record! Dog57210
Back to top Go down
Tink

Tink

Humor : Do I have to have one???

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: well done   World Record! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:32 am

Well done mate although it was a little tamer than the previous one we considered doing.

Now for your next trick - either going to the bar and buying drinks without the pressure from the crew or, and this one is importent, leading a small and exclusive group into P8 World Record! Icon_razz World Record! Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Rob
MSDT
Rob

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: World record   World Record! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 8:05 pm

2 great dives and perfect dive profiles.

Thanks Smudge & Doc for the company.

The card trick was awesome - 52 card pick up !! Brilliant. Doc where are the photos you took ?

I love Dotty World Record! Icon_bounce World Record! Icon_bounce

Roll on 30 Dec...
Back to top Go down
big rich
Advanced Open Water
big rich

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Record!   World Record! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 9:53 pm

[quote="Tink"]Well done mate although it was a little tamer than the previous one we considered doing.

Now for your next trick - either going to the bar and buying drinks without the pressure from the crew or, and this one is importent, leading a small and exclusive group into P8 [img]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img][/quote]

is that the p8 caves at castleton?
Back to top Go down
Rob
MSDT
Rob

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: P8   World Record! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 9:58 pm

Rich, I would guess it is something to do with caving ??

I'm sure Tink will confirm when he's not working so hard World Record! Icon_razz

World Record! Icon_lol World Record! Icon_lol World Record! Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
big rich
Advanced Open Water
big rich

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Record!   World Record! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:03 pm

hmm me thinks so ,barney who works for me spends lots of time down there.i did a couple of the not so tight caves with him,not for me im affraid
Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Dotty Pics   World Record! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:25 pm

Better late than never Rob,

World Record! Img_6819World Record! Img_6820

World Record! Img_6821World Record! Img_6822
Back to top Go down
Dobs
Dobs

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Record!   World Record! EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 8:14 am

I agree caving not my idea of fun.

Having been born and bred in the Hope Valley, (Bradwell, nr. Castelton) and the son of a Quarry owner I have heard too many stories of people getting stuck. In fact our family home is near the entrance to Bagshaw Cavern, and one story I can remember is of one pot-holer getting stuck and he had to be left as the waters rose, through rain on the surface, he didn't make it. (I guess that is part of the fun, the fear, - but its not for me).

I'd prefer to take my chances in water then that way if it all goes Pete Tong at least you can head upwards in water, its a lot harder through solid limestone........
Back to top Go down
Tink

Tink

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: P8   World Record! EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 8:49 am

Big Rich,

Yes P8 is near to Castleton and is one of my favourite caves. In the scheme of things, it was one of the first caves I went into. We used to use this with Spice as the first of the Technical caves (ones with ropework required). World Record! Icon_lol

Two waterfall abseils inbound and either two SRT climbs out or a ladder???? and traverse out. If you make it to the sump there is a beautiful 'frozen waterfall' rock formation.

I know Papa gets fed up of me going on about it but I can't lead the technical caves as I can't do the rope work.

I keep trying World Record! Icon_sad World Record! Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
Joolybee

Joolybee

Humor : I laugh every time I look in the mirror!!!

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Record!   World Record! EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 2:03 pm

Ah Caving!!!

I have only been down a cave once and that was Longchurn with Pete and Pa. It came about through a remark in a conversation where I said I wouldn't like it. The challenge was if I hadn't tried it how would I know. Well me being me I decided to give it a go.

I have to say I did enjoy it for all sorts of reasons. The fact that I trust them both so much that I felt safe had a lot to do with it but I am also aware it can go wrong.

There were laughs all they way, particularly when they dammed up the tunnel and then released all the water, dunking me in a freezing pool of water!! the air was a bit blue I can tell you. I managed it through the "Cheese Press" ( I wouldn't fit now, I was a lot slimmer then!!) and out safe and sound. I was on a high for days and still get a buzz when I think of it now.

Not sure my big arthritic old body would get through there now!!! World Record! Affraid World Record! Affraid
Back to top Go down
Dobs
Dobs

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Record!   World Record! EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 pm

I'm not sure my body would even fit in the entrance of Peak Cavern and that used to have a rope factory in it...
Back to top Go down
Tink

Tink

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Oh come on   World Record! EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 2:39 pm

Oh come on Dobs, I'm sure we could squeeze you into Peak Cavern, how ever, getting out could be different. World Record! Icon_razz World Record! Icon_razz World Record! Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Dobs
Dobs

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Record!   World Record! EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 3:54 pm

Everyone together now, PUSH!!!!!

Hey if the cork comes out of a champagne bottle!!!! OK so I just need to pour 100,000 litres of fizzy wine in first then shake the cavern - should be do-able.....

By the fact I'm referring to the wine in litres does that suggest I have problem or that the wine I drink just be cheap????

But of course Tink my friend, there is only one drink that would get me down a cave and that is whisky and I would have to had plenty of it.......and of course as no-one has yet mentioned it yet this week, PIES!!! would help too, they are very versatile...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

World Record! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Record!   World Record! Empty

Back to top Go down

World Record!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next