Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Long Churn Cave

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tink

Tink

Humor : Do I have to have one???

Long Churn Cave Empty
PostSubject: Long Churn Cave   Long Churn Cave EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:36 am

OK, so I know we usually do diving 'cos it's mostly wet but always fun' but here's another activity that falls into that description. Originally 'hidden' under 'Saturday breakfast' (and that's where some pics are), this was set up for a few that had requested something different for a change.

Long Churn is a well established 'beginners' cave in the Yorshire Dales on the flank of Ingleborough. The meeting point was the Settle Down Cafe where we had to sample an adequate breakfast Very Happy (obviously not something that Killa would eat anymore). From there we headed to Selside to get changed. I'm glad the weather had warmed a little. The cave was entered via the 'side door' and, after a quick check that all was well, we set off over the first obstacle Twisted Evil . Off down Baptistry before reaching the pools. Through and onwards to the side of Cheese Press. Onward to the top of Dolly tubs before returning the other side of the press. We didn't even attempt it Sad . Back via my standard route (not cross passage) and made our way to Dr Bannisters before attempting the exit Crying or Very sad pale All safely up the exit and out :alien: :alien: :alien: bounce :cheers: :cheers:

Back to the cars and off to the pub (some things just don't change).

There was a request for more and I know there are some that wanted to do this trip but couldn't due to taking breaks Shocked so I will put this on again later in the year. There are a couple of others that I'm ok to lead so I'll look at something different also. If we could get papa interested we might be able to do something a little bit more exciting and challenging but we will have to see about that. Laughing

Thanks to those who turned up and a big thanks to James for the assist.

See you all for more soome affraid
Back to top Go down

Long Churn Cave
Page 1 of 1