Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels

Go down 
+9
Caz
Squirrel
Ange
SkiesNPies
Geoff123
Joolybee
Dobs
sheelagh
jason_242
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jason_242
Instructor
jason_242

Humor : Has its ups and downs...

Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels Empty
PostSubject: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:24 am

Nice to meet Sharkbait last night at the pool hopefully we didn't scare him off and he may be out diving with us soon... Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 246400

Last night's we discussed attendance levels to pool sessions, planned dive's and the up and coming event at capers this weekend.... bounce

Please see the post for this weekends outing at Capers... wave

As regards to attendance levels at recent dives, we need to seriously look at this bash .....Diving is about getting out and keeping skills up to date and of course spending time in the water. bow

On past planned dives, numbers have been so low that trips have been cancelled due to lack of interest... Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 106353
I know some people are otherwise engaged and times are hard etc etc, however more often than not car sharing is a good option and splitting fuel costs makes a great day out quite cheap. Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 852810
I know we cant expect everyone on every trip but it would be nice to see some of you. Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 197222

Pool sessions aren't just for teaching new students its also a social get together to plan trips, catch up, test gear,keep your skills up to date and introduce yourself to new members but more importantly it keeps pool sessions available for training of students. If we don't use the pool's quite simply we loose them.

On the subject of students we need MORE Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 81732 without new members wanting courses we just become a group of people who dive occasionally but for all those members who wish to pursue their career and become Dive Masters and Instructor's we need student's to work with to teach you guys too..
Talk to people tell them how good it is and what we get up to, you'll be surprised how many people say oh I always fancied having a go.....so get em here and in the pool pirat

Its been a quiet season this year and the weather hasn't helped but we can and do dive all year round, so on those dark evenings we can train new members in the pool including dry suit orientation's and get them out both at weekends and mid week bow

Trips can be arranged by yourselves, but its worth running it by the crew to see if it suitable and lets try to make them more frequent and for everyone.....Some dive site's need to have special considerations due to logistics and conditions especially relating to abilities and qualifications but these can all be overcome with planning...

Ok so lets get this Academy back on track and get diving king

Lets take some positive steps forward Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 474975
Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:58 pm

So any thoughts/plans?

Thought I'd put a reply on here to keep Jason happy!! lol..................he'll understand Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 246400
Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor
jason_242

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 246400
Back to top Go down
Dobs
PADI Assistant Instructor
Dobs

Humor : Anything funny

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:41 pm

If its just a reply you want..........here you can have another!!!
Back to top Go down
Joolybee

Joolybee

Humor : I laugh every time I look in the mirror!!!

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 3:45 pm

While I don't feel that I should have to justify myself the tone of your post made me think of how I should reply!!!

I would love to more diving but that little thing called LIFE just got in the way for me,

I have had issues with my health to deal with (as I know you have Jason, before you have a go at me!!) and there is the prospect of some surgery in the near future (womens probs ha ha!!) that will put me of my feet for a few weeks.

I also have the small problem of, due to weight gain, my kit not fitting and it also having an effect on my general fitness, all problems that I am trying to address.

I had been looking to see when the Ponds Forge sessions start as Tuesday is not always the best day for me.

Also I am not working at the moment so while I have the time the funds can be a bit limited

So it is not that I don't WANT to dive but I have to prioritise at the moment. In reality I might be able to do a few pool sessions but feel that it will be next year before I really get back out there as I won't dive once it gets too cold.

The fact that I am saying this is a step forward as I was seriously thinking of selling all my kit earlier this year!! I do miss seeing you all but sometimes it is not that simple so a bit of understanding rather than having a go at us might be a bit better Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 901566
Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor
jason_242

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Julie Julie Julie what is "LIFE" without diving???? it's over thats what it is.. Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 218570 (well it would be for me)

As for having a go Jules its not about having a go its about salvaging a car wreck so that we are still here in the future... Suspect

The post was certainly not written to wind people up or aimed at individuals its aimed at ALL members who want to have a club to dive with.

Money, work and health are always issues and I had and still have issues with every one of them Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 454169
We need people to realise that diving costs are easily reduced when there are greater numbers.
Willingness to car share also reduces costs. crazy. taunt2

I understand that people have other priorities and that going for a dip a few time's a month may be the last thing they want....however I'm a glass half full person and believe that things will always come good eventually so best to keep trying while I wait.

While fitness to dive is always very important, there's nothing stopping anyone having a swim on pool nights to get fit and then going to the pub afterwards to keep in the social circle while drinking mineral water

Just over two years ago we clubbed together to buy another van for Pro Scuba to keep the wheels turning and back then I said how important it was to keep everyone diving to enable the use of facilities like pools and transportation of all the gear Steve carries.

Once again I apologize that you feel this was aimed at you directly.

Its not aimed at any individual its aimed at all members who want to be able to keep diving. Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 852810
The hard fact is that on the current track Pro Scuba will cease to exist and everyone will sadly drift away into obscurity. chin

EVERYONE is always welcome even if its just to chat or for moral support.
Spreading the word etc... will help to keep us going, we just need everyone to pull in the same direction. hugs

Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 10:17 pm

Well said Jason Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 246400 - both your posts that is.

Proscuba is in a sorry state of affairs at the moment.

We have a considerable amount of experience within Proscuba and some great friends. Between us we can provide anything. Unfortunately it seems recruitment of new people will no longer happen due to the main website and communication in general being closed down....for whatever reason that may be. I am not privvy to what is happening on the 'school' front so cannot comment.

We have a lot of members here who can dive. We have a lot of history between us. We have had a lot of good times Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 901566

OK so we may fall out from time to time but we are still here, want to be here, and want to carry on diving as a group of friends Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 81732

I find it incredible that no-one seems to care. How many people have logged on, read posts and not made any comment recently? Not just on this post but in general over the last few months.

What are your thoughts on the future of Proscuba?
Back to top Go down
Geoff123
BSAC INSTRUCTOR
Geoff123

Humor : Bernard Manning and Chubby I think

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 12:17 am

My planned dive for this Saturday has been cancelled so probably going to crystal clear 8 Acre Twisted Evil

Only going there to try my twins and it isn't far to the water.Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 190390

Anyone welcome.

I know most of you are going to Nemo, but...

Next week nothing booked, as yet, so anyone fancy Dosthill (again throwing my twinset in and seeing what it does).Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 976232
Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor
jason_242

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 12:54 am

Geoff Nemo never got off the ground....we are heading to Capers this weekend so welcome to join us...there's an event on up there so fun fun fun Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 246400

Last edited by jason_242 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor
jason_242

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 12:56 am

Honestly Guys it's not about commenting on posts etc although its nice to receive feedback whether its good or bad. Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 976232

In my own selfish way I need this school to keep going as I really love diving and not only that I have some fantastic memories of everyone and of what we have achieved together Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 197222 ..admittedly some more memorable than others but not everyone was like Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 47170 , and as I cant dive with the one person I really want to dive with you lot will have to do... Suspect

Lex and I tried to go on as many dives as possible with Pro Scuba while we were here together, and had it not have been for Pro Scuba we would never have met. Sad
We loved nothing more than seeing everyone have a great time and to see people grow into addicts just like we are. Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 197222 We worked together as a team and held many a students hand in the early stages and I'm sure she'd be devastated if it disbanded. bounce

While I was out in Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 324289 we had loads of student between us, easy access to water, a great pool, and even better dive sites that were right on our doorstep. This made it so much easier and cheaper I know but we'd have still done it even if we had had to travel like in the UK hugs

Lex and I dived together every weekend and some week nights too and believe you and me when I say I'd give my right arm to be back there.....not for the place mind but with my buddy...
Diving is in my blood and even though I miss my buddy terribly and not just in diving, I couldn't bare the thought of not doing it so loosing touch with everyone and Pro Scuba folding is not an option I would relish. red card

I lost the most important person in the world to me this year, and my return to the UK has resulted in many challenges that I wish had never happened but if anything good comes out of this year its the fact i am lucky to be alive and that hopefully I have people who I care about and who care about me to dive with and see you and everyone new and old out there in the best place in the world....Underwater Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 897312 Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 40536 hugs
Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 7:20 am

Excellent idea for next weekend Geoff!

I am free Sunday 30th now, was waiting to see if I could get a dive at Anglesey, but that has fallen through. Place got filled last night.

So I shall start a new thread for the 30th Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 246400
Back to top Go down
Dobs
Dobs

Humor : Anything funny

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 am

Jase - I knew you meant nothing by it other than a rally call.

I will see what I can do about Sunday but it is not looking that likely through work if nothing else.

I do intend to get out there, but realistically it could be a while for me. As when the little one arrives things will have to be prioritised. Plus it has not really been a easy ride to this point.

I do wish you well and I do know where you are coming from..
Back to top Go down
SkiesNPies
SkiesNPies

Humor : Mr Webb

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 9:18 am

Agree with the sentiments here, it really is just a matter of priorities though, many of us have very busy lives anyway with work / family and other hobbies. While I would love to spend more time diving, if I do, its at the expense of time with my kids who are growing up fast and soon will be gone. When they are, I can dive every day so its just a matter of prioritising until then. In 12 months they can both do their junior OW, if they like it, maybe I can come along more often?

I agree, be a shame for the group to dwindle away, i miss the friends I know from Proscuba when I don't get out, but I see no reason for that to happen, you don't have to dive every single weekend and be in the pool every week to have a workable club?
Back to top Go down
Joolybee

Joolybee

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 9:51 am

I have family plans this weekend, including cooking a Sunday lunch and lots of cuddles with my grandkids Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 40536 Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 40536

I no longer have a dry suit that fits so thats me done until it gets warmer lol!!!

I care.....................................
Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor
jason_242

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 9:57 am

Well Capers hire them out remember...as does Smudge Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 197568
Have a nice Sunday lunch we are having a Hog Roast at Capers.... Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 910780
Back to top Go down
Joolybee

Joolybee

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 9:59 am

Yeh I know, Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 453668 Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 453668
Back to top Go down
Joolybee

Joolybee

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:07 am

Jason, if you want a dive buddy I can offer you an old, overweight, unfit bird with very rusty dive skills in an unfamiliar hired dry suit. You would have to carry all my kit as my limp is getting to "Hunchback of Notredam" proportions and bearing in mind I nearly drowned you the last time we dived together I wouldn't blame you if you passed up the offer affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor
jason_242

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:14 am

I always rise to a challenge Julie......but thats another story....
Anyway I seem to remember differently Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 976232 I certainly don't remember me nearly drowning I seem to remember you having a wonderful dive although certainly more guided than you had planned lol taunt2

Lets get you back in the pool and familiar with your kit and skills...Capers will be mad busy at the weekend so positive reinforcement is needed to build your confidence...

By all means go but I agree unfamiliar equipment may cause you more worry so perhaps just view the stalls and enjoy the Hog roast/bbq etc and socialize..
Back to top Go down
Joolybee

Joolybee

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:20 am

Have no problems with my confidence!!

Maybe it was me that nearly drowned lol!!

Wasn't thinking about this weekend, more midweek somewhere as I am not working at the mo.
Back to top Go down
Ange
Ange

PostSubject: Hmm   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 2:57 pm

I agree with the rally call Jase but not every one wants to air reasons for not diving.

Most of the reason I haven't been diving is do to a f***ed back/shoulder/body/mind/whatever else can go wrong. Tink's had a f***ed car, costing far too much and taking too long to fix. At the beginning of this year we had every intention to be diving once/twice a month as long as finances allowed but unfortunately life has just been dealing a lot of stinky our way, just like it has in everyone elses way.

Role on 2013 and not more f****edupness!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Squirrel
Instructor
Squirrel

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 3:40 pm

Im not going to use this as a big list of the why, where's and what ifs, that's my life and of no concern. But my life at the moment is not the same as what it used to be, as i believe is most peoples. Times have changed money is tight. Something i am working on believe me. Things change, life continues as it always will.

I agree it would be a shame to see all this go down the pan. I am willing to help out where i can but at the moment time is something i don't have in abundance. I miss the banter, the rows the falling out, the making up, but mostly i miss the DIVING. I have thousands of pounds worth of kit just sat there begging me to use it!!! I was looking forward to Nemo but it's not to be.

I guess what I'm saying is i am still around, and i do intend to change my own circumstances, it will just take time.

In the beginning this forum was set up to support the dive school, and to help promote diving and provide opportunities to dive to those that had passed through, or those who just wanted to dive. It asked for nothing in return, no fees, it has few rules other than those set out by individual training agencies. Throughout its time it has been pushed forward mainly by Smudge.
Over time things change, along with peoples circumstances, many times Smudge has asked for a bit of support in trying to move things along, to arrange dives open to all. He as we all know and he will probably admit ( although not in public ) has been the main driving force behind it yet at the same time wont let go of it. He's not the best at sorting things out, asking for help, remembering who's kit he should have in the van. He's a long way off perfect ( whatever he may think in his head!!)

As we all know times are hard, people don't have the money to spend, it becomes a harder to get more students, so less money in, costs go up, profit goes down you need to find ways of earning cash by other means. Which then means the diving however much you love it no longer becomes a means of income. So then you have to find work elsewhere. In doing so you don't have the time to run trips, teach courses because you are trying to make ends meet elsewhere. Which in turn means you just don't have the time to drive it forward.

I guess thats whats happened here. I don't know the answer to what needs doing in order for it to change. What i do know is as group we all need to push the diving forward, support each other, get together when we can, even if it's just for a drink.
If people want this to continue as it has done in the past, we need to be positive, not dwell on the negative, support each other, don't complain on here, don't bitch at each other if you have a difference/grievance be grown up about it.

Be happy, life is to short to be sad, be passionate about your diving, others will see this and want to dive themselves, smile, dive when you can but don't blame others for not, embrace new people.

We are all a part of this group, that makes us all responsible for it, so lets man up ( no offence to the ladies ) It is up to us to make it what we want it to be, drive the group forward so come on lets get things moving.
Help where you can, when you can, if we all just give a little, this group could be just as great as it used to be, if not better.

It's our group, lets make it everybody's.

Lets go dive, go to the pub, play Laserquest, go climbing, get out on the bikes but most of all go and enjoy it.

If we don't then who knows what might happen........

LIFE IS TOO SHORT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfatpie.co.uk
Caz

Caz

Humor : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 4:58 pm

Please hang in Proscuba, don't let it slide just as I have discovered the joys of diving. Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 300398
Back to top Go down
Caz

Caz

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:01 pm

Laserquest was awesome, climbing (scares me witless) but I'm game, as for biking........ well I've just done a charity bike ride (don't know if I mentioned that Wink)
Back to top Go down
Caz

Caz

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:01 pm

.....and the pub Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels 474975
Back to top Go down
killa
MSDT
killa

Humor : Never upset a ginna!!!!

PostSubject: Subject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance level   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Everything you have said squirrel makes sense.

Just like to say that at present their is only smudge and myself able to teach the main courses. I have been trying to get to the pool sessions and open water diving. One of the problems is that students and prospective students have not been able to contact or had replays to messages. I am personally trying to get my MSDT by teach but am missing out on students.
One thing to change would be the contact details so I can arrange training on behalf of pro scuba. There are students At the moment that are being taught not in standards. If smudge is away earning good money, then I need to be made aware of what we have on what course so we can arrange the pools, open water training and push for further courses.

It's hard when we are told training has changed to another pool only to find out they are back at Barnsley and you have made other arrangements for that day!!!

People are trying to go out of their way to help but as you say money is tight. It is hard to go travelling all over the place to pools, capers, stoney!!! personally going to Barnsley each week probably costs £15 in fuel alone but it's part of the course.

If there is going to be a future for pro scuba in one form or the other we need to have a meeting and discuss it. There are people out there who want to learn to dive so we need to find them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels   Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels Empty

Back to top Go down

Pool sessions, New members and attendance levels
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next