Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dorothea Pinnacles

Go down 
+4
sheelagh
SpongebobPeterpants
Squirrel
Pappa Smudge
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pappa Smudge
Admin
Pappa Smudge

Humor : still looking

Dorothea Pinnacles Empty
PostSubject: Dorothea Pinnacles   Dorothea Pinnacles EmptySun May 15, 2011 6:22 pm

North Wales was a very wet and cloudy place to be today.

Pete and myself planned for a 60m dive onto the pinnacles today. This is one of my most favourate dives down at Dotty. These granite pinnacles stand up over 90m from the bottom. At 50m or so is a tunnel and split in the rock. Fantastic and thanks to Pete for buddying me.

This was a planned deep tec dive, with experienced divers and backup for such a dive. We are running a TEC deep course soon, so if this kind of diving interests you then have a look under training and development on this forum.

Dorothea Pinnacles Dscf6610 Dorothea Pinnacles Dscf6611

if you look below you can see us just about to descend!

Dorothea Pinnacles Dscf6514
Back to top Go down
Squirrel
Instructor
Squirrel

Dorothea Pinnacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Pinnacles   Dorothea Pinnacles EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:21 pm

Dorothea Pinnacles 474975 Dorothea Pinnacles 474975 Dorothea Pinnacles 474975 Dorothea Pinnacles 474975 Dorothea Pinnacles 474975 Dorothea Pinnacles 474975
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfatpie.co.uk
SpongebobPeterpants
PADI Assistant Instructor
SpongebobPeterpants

Humor : Dum spiro spero

Dorothea Pinnacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Pinnacles   Dorothea Pinnacles EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks for the most amazing dive I have done in the UK........
The site and shear size of the pinnacles wish i could have got a few pictures but the housing just isn't up to it.
All you budding divers out there this is a dive that has to be done with the proper training and planning.
I would recommend you having a chat with Steve and get some tech training then you can enjoy it too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.protier.co.uk
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

Dorothea Pinnacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Pinnacles   Dorothea Pinnacles EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:58 am

Out of interest what mixes did you dive on?
Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor
jason_242

Humor : Has its ups and downs...

Dorothea Pinnacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Pinnacles   Dorothea Pinnacles EmptyMon May 16, 2011 1:52 am

21% o2 and 79% nitrogen/other gases?? drunken

Who needs all this fangle dangle gas mixing stuff? Dorothea Pinnacles 453668

Oh yes TECHIES!!!!!!! Suspect
Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

Dorothea Pinnacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Pinnacles   Dorothea Pinnacles EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:23 am

Nicer to stay longer and have a clear Trimix head!
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

Dorothea Pinnacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Pinnacles   Dorothea Pinnacles EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:39 am

Dorothea Pinnacles 246400

Some people just cant afford the mixed gasses for a bimble around dotty. Just the cost of a deco gas can add quite a lot to gain just 10mins or so.

Do agree a clearer head is good, but for £60 a dive!
Back to top Go down
https://proscuba.forumotion.com
SpongebobPeterpants
SpongebobPeterpants

Dorothea Pinnacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Pinnacles   Dorothea Pinnacles EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:00 am

Yes Jason we dived it on 21/79 back gas, 21/79 stage bottle, back up light, spare mask, compass, Dsmb and reel does that quailfy as techie..........Dorothea Pinnacles 218570

As for Trimix I'm with Steve on this one. Dorothea Pinnacles 539388

As for the Narcotic effect of air, light sabres at 50mtr Laughing what Narcosis Dorothea Pinnacles 197222 Even remembered to leave a little messsage for Dori when she next dives them..... Cool

And to summerise this was still the best Uk dive I have done. An awesome site the shear size of these pinnicles, Looking forward to doing them again.

Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

Dorothea Pinnacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Pinnacles   Dorothea Pinnacles EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:34 am

Just stay safe and know your limits if doing this as a recreational dive Dorothea Pinnacles 246400
Back to top Go down
Dori

Dori

Dorothea Pinnacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Pinnacles   Dorothea Pinnacles EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:42 am

Glad you both had a great dive without me. You can bet you will hear me singing "daisy daisy' the next time we go to Dotty x
Back to top Go down
SpongebobPeterpants
SpongebobPeterpants

Dorothea Pinnacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Pinnacles   Dorothea Pinnacles EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:05 am

Doc Sorry but we planned it as a deep Tech dive, on air, not a recreational dive as the depth is well beyond recreational limits.
Sorry forgot to congratulate you on the all the tech achievments you have done over the past week or so.
Maybe a rebreather for you next?
Back to top Go down
Pappa Smudge
Admin
Pappa Smudge

Humor : still looking

Dorothea Pinnacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Pinnacles   Dorothea Pinnacles EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Once again reading stuff is often a good idea before commenting!

"this is planned tec dive"

Some people can only afford AIR to play with!
Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

Dorothea Pinnacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Pinnacles   Dorothea Pinnacles EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:36 pm

OK I take the hint, bye...
Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

Dorothea Pinnacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Pinnacles   Dorothea Pinnacles EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:37 pm

Meaning I'm making no more comments
Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor
jason_242

Humor : Has its ups and downs...

Dorothea Pinnacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Pinnacles   Dorothea Pinnacles EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:24 pm

Good man Pete I like your style we'll soon have you doing Christmas Island tech diving. Dorothea Pinnacles 453668
Basic equipment is shorts and tee shirt, bcd, single 12ltr filled to a maximum of 200bar. affraid
Then just add warm water say 29 degrees which is soooooooooo deep Dorothea Pinnacles 276923 and clear jump in drop down to oh er oops is that really how deep we are Dorothea Pinnacles 253933 then total dive time about an hour Dorothea Pinnacles 897312

Tech divin basic style Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Dori

Dori

Dorothea Pinnacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Pinnacles   Dorothea Pinnacles EmptyMon May 16, 2011 5:20 pm

I'm with you on that Jason, you wouldn't believe how deep you can go (70M) on a single 12ltr ali with a dive time of 50 mins and still come out with 50bar. not that I would endorse such madness Dorothea Pinnacles 344948
Back to top Go down
SpongebobPeterpants
SpongebobPeterpants

Dorothea Pinnacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Pinnacles   Dorothea Pinnacles EmptyTue May 17, 2011 11:42 am

Thanks to You tube for this Video sorry the ending isn't the best but the under water footage and running comentry is interesting.....
Pinnicles

Back to top Go down
Ian G
Rescue Diver
Ian G

Dorothea Pinnacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Pinnacles   Dorothea Pinnacles EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:51 pm

Fascinating video, especially with the old photos edited in & the running commentary.At least the guy made a full recovery - great that we have a free Health Service for incidents like this. Dorothea Pinnacles 222826 Dorothea Pinnacles 222826
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dorothea Pinnacles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Pinnacles   Dorothea Pinnacles Empty

Back to top Go down

Dorothea Pinnacles
Page 1 of 1