Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine

Go down 
+5
Rob
jason_242
Joolybee
Andy W
Admin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin

Admin

Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine   Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine 478754 First I must say a huge thanks to our newest Moderator, who played ProScuba chauffer Smile

Stoney was bathed with clear skies and bright autumn sunshine. As normal on a weekend the site was very busy, but once your in the water who cares!

Two adventure dives for the team today with Julie B completing a couple of them towards her Advanced open water. First a deep dive to Hydrobox, led by Jason, two TDM's one AI, one PADI MI and Neil! Viz was good, but there was a real good temparture change at several levels. Our second dive was 'Wreck' dive to the Stanegarth. Once again a great dive, appart from the sheer numbers around the wreck. Under the pub we found the new NESS! Great days diving and great company.

Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine 246400

Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf1927Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf1926Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf1925
Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf1924Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf1923Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf1922
Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf1921Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf1920Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf1919
Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf1918Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf1917Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf1916
Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf1915Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf1914Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf1913
Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf1912Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf1911Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf2025
Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf2024Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf2023Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf2022
Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf2021Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf2020Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf2019
Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf2018Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf2017Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf2016
Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf2015Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf2014Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf2013
Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf2012Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf2011Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Dscf2010
Back to top Go down
https://proscuba.forumotion.com
Andy W

Humor : And All Of That !!!!

PostSubject: Re: Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine   Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:46 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Looks like you all had a fantastic day as usual ProScuba style, Missed you all today.
Well done Julie on completeing you adventure dives, hope you enjoyed the hydrobox and wrecks. Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine 222826 Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine 222826 Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine 222826 Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine 222826

wave wave wave wave wave wave
Back to top Go down
Joolybee

Joolybee

Humor : I laugh every time I look in the mirror!!!

PostSubject: Re: Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine   Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 9:17 pm

What a brill day. My first time at Stoney Cove.

I have to admit to being a bit apprehensive but as always I know I am in good hands. Thanks to everyone who made it a good day for me.

The first dive to Hydorobox was the deepest I have been. Jase was my buddy and a good job he did, we went straight down the line to the box and I was fine until it all went dark! I had spent all the time looking into Jason's eyes and then all of a sudden I looked all round me and then at my computer and had a moment of panic but he then showed me that we were almost at the box and I was so chuffed with myself for getting there that the nerves went. The sense of achievement is so good and being pushed out of the comfort zone is good for me! I clocked 31.7 on my dive computer.

Had a bit of trouble at the start of the second dive as I couldn't clear my ears. You know what?? I hadn't dived with a hood before and my thought processes allowed me to think it through and just let some water in!!! I know you will all be saying DER!! but it is the learning process!!

We then went over to see the wrecks, back under the cafe to see Nessie and out.

I did take my camera in on the second dive but I was so busy looking round I didn't take one single photo!! never mind at least Pa got some of the momentous event!!!

Once again big thanks to everyone for a great day. Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine 478754
Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor
jason_242

Humor : Has its ups and downs...

PostSubject: Re: Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine   Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 9:56 pm

Careful now Joolybee Lexi will be jealous of another woman looking into my big blue eyes Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine 453668

However well done you did great and hopefully your a little wiser and know to trust your buddies cos we always look after everyone wave

All in all it was a great day. :worthy:

Ange did her spazzed out demo of donnig kit in the middle of the car park much to the amusement of other divers :misc 8: hugs

Pity we didnt see it and photo it but I bet alot of people had a good chuckle confused2

Last edited by jason_242 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
MSDT
Rob

PostSubject: 30m    Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 10:01 pm

Well done Jooly, You've come a long way in a short period of time. Excellent.

Keep the momentum going.
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

PostSubject: Re: Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine   Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 3:05 am

Looks like you had a cracking day, with good vis too!

Its ok Julie... I dont mind sharing Jase with you for the next few weeks.... he does have lovely blue eyes - just like me! Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine 246400

Julie - big congrats on Adventure dives. I was exactly the same on my first deep dive at Stoney Cove. I remember standing at the bottom around 27m.... indicating to Smudge that I hasn't happy.... and in the same romantic style as you and Jase yesterday, I remember Smudge holding my hand and swimming me over to the hydrobox! All I remember was sheer relief - I had made it to the hydrobox!!! Very Happy I can promise you it does get easier from here... you've done the hardest bit, and as you get more experience, your confidence will grow and grow!!!! Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine 246400

Great pics too! Loving Nessy!
Back to top Go down
Dobs
PADI Assistant Instructor
Dobs

Humor : Anything funny

PostSubject: Re: Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine   Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:06 am

Well done Jools on completing your deep and wreck dives.

I'm so pleased for you that you came to join me on top of the hydrobox, there was that little moment when I thought you were not going to join us for our picnic, until you realised that your fins were almost touching it anyway.......

The wreck dive got a little busy, with divers everywhere. But you handled it well.

Well done!!!!!!!!!!! Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine 222826 Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine 222826 Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine 222826

Thank you to everyone else present, for making the day enjoyable. Sorry I had to rush off but duty called and Emma just needed a little time at home before starting her night shift at the hospital.
Back to top Go down
Tink

Tink

Humor : Do I have to have one???

PostSubject: Thanks to all   Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:39 am

.A wonderful, fun day out with friends hugs

The weather was brill, the water warm scared the viz good anoy everything is set for a good couple of dives. Then you get in, ok not quite as warm as it looks (that steam coming off probably was due to the temperature), the viz changes and then you descend. By heck, it got fresh near the bottom. Cracking to see Jase and Jools descending the line and Ed and Ange holding station close behind. Smudge taking the pics and me and Neil bringing up the rear (where else would I be). All on top of the hydrobox. Heck no, I'm on the bottom whilst Smudge goes inside. I follow just as they decide to leave chin

Nice steady ascent.

The second dive started after Ange arrive from doing her kit dance outside the air fill station. So intense was the dance that people came out of the shop to assist, then watch, then pi** themselves laughing.

Whilst that was happening, Poppy was trying to save divers from drowning using the 'I'll drag my holder into the water to get you out' technique Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine 365569

We got ourselves in and descended as buddy pairs, or not. Down to the wreck and watch some complete numptys coming out of the wreck carring extra cylinders and taking no notice of anyone or anything else around them. Then the fun that the 'sheepdog' gets to see. The group swam in circles and 'bubble netted' a group of divers. Up to the pub to see Nessie. On the ascent I saw my first Stoney Crayfish.

Two good dives and so well done to Jools.
Back to top Go down
Ange
PADI Assistant Instructor
Ange

PostSubject: oi   Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:10 pm

Oi, stop taking the mick out of my amazing dance kitting up. Its just too stylish for you guys to witness Embarassed

I just wasn't quick enough to prevent you from witnessing my slightly less stylish dekit Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine   Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine Empty

Back to top Go down

Stoney Cove in the Autumn Sunshine
Page 1 of 1