Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stoney Cove photo 'splash in'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ACCOUNT NOT IN USE

ACCOUNT NOT IN USE

Humor : working - don't make me laugh!

Stoney Cove photo 'splash in' Empty
PostSubject: Stoney Cove photo 'splash in'   Stoney Cove photo 'splash in' EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 11:14 pm

drunken Once again we attended the annual photo competiton at Stoney Cove.

Having had a slight delay in our set off time - moose turned squirrels alarm off! For 30mins i tried to wake him!
We got to stoney about 5.45am and joined the already large que to get in. We managed to get in the bottom car park, right next to the gate to the water. Ian and Justin joined us before registering at 8am.

Our first dive entered off the bus stop entry point. Once underwater the viz proved to be about 2m at best. Camera in hand we moved along the 6m ledge, photographing the major points on route. The plane, the nautalus and under the pub. Conditions didn't get any better as we moved round the edges of the lake. We managed to find about eight or so large Pike. These camera shy fellows proved too much of a challenge with the wide angle lens i was using. We then made our way to lower terrace at about 20m, again just photographing anything that proved interesting. Our dive time for this dive was just short of one and half hours, water temparture at about 7 degrees. All I can say is thank god for pee valves (and thank you to natilies mum).

Our second dive was straight forward. Surface swim to the Stanegarth before descending. Plenty of pictures before making our way to exit. Just before we exited, lurking under the bus stop entry were two wonderfull Pike. I managed to get a couple of pics before we surfaced. Again good dive, about 50mins and a depth of 22m.

I would like to thank my fellow buddy for being so patient throughout both dives. Not forgetting Ian and Justin for coming to support our little venture.

Here are the nine shots I have entered. There are three catergories, Close up, Wide angle & Aquatic Life. Next time join us, bring your own camera - there are some great prizes to be won in these competitions. This years prizes are including a couple of Fuji F50 cameras, Forth Element thermal wear and much more.

Stoney Cove photo 'splash in' Stoney14Stoney Cove photo 'splash in' Stoney15Stoney Cove photo 'splash in' Stoney16Stoney Cove photo 'splash in' Stoney17Stoney Cove photo 'splash in' Stoney18Stoney Cove photo 'splash in' Stoney19Stoney Cove photo 'splash in' Stoney20Stoney Cove photo 'splash in' Stoney21Stoney Cove photo 'splash in' Stoney22

We did have to hide in the van between dives - the weather was, well lets say intersting!!

Stoney Cove photo 'splash in' Img_8610

Last edited by Smudge on Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.proscuba.co.uk
Ian G
Rescue Diver
Ian G

PostSubject: Photo Splash In   Stoney Cove photo 'splash in' EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 1:23 pm

Best of luck with your entries Smudge. None of my photos were worth entering - visibility was the worst I'd ever seen at Stoney, but might try again next year. Ran into a terrific hailstorm on way home - must have been 6 to 8 inches of hail stones on M1 for about a mile. Then it suddenly cleared and was fine for rest of way home. Justin & I are diving at Capernwray next Friday if anyone would like to join us. Cool
Back to top Go down
Squirrel
Instructor
Squirrel

PostSubject: Whether hmm   Stoney Cove photo 'splash in' EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 4:32 pm

Fab day by all, thanks to Ian and Justin for there support on the day.
A good days diving had by all. As you can see from smudge's photo's the day was not all sunshine but mostly showers. We had put the kit out to dry off! Then down came the hail!!!
But the free chocalate and tea made up for everything (suplied by diver magazine not smudge). Hope the photos do well. I would say that they are mostly of me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfatpie.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stoney Cove photo 'splash in'   Stoney Cove photo 'splash in' Empty

Back to top Go down

Stoney Cove photo 'splash in'
Page 1 of 1