Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stoney the Cove!

Go down 
+4
Sammy
Pappa Smudge
sheelagh
jayne65
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

Stoney the Cove! Empty
PostSubject: Stoney the Cove!   Stoney the Cove! EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 6:48 pm

Two great dives at Stoney today!

Dive one - Some of us headed down to the hydro box... I got 35.7m, 32 mins dive. The vis was really really good!!!! (The best I've seen it at Stoney). Although it was very dark from around 10m. Had a really good dive - much more relaxed than my last visit to the hydro box!!!!

Dive two - The plan was to dive the wrecks. Our wonderful host/guide found the Staingarth (at the bottom of the shot line) - which we had fun exploring, also found several cars and explored the "cave" underneath the reasturant looking for cray fish. Our guide made the decision to save the new wreck until another day! LOL.
Stoney the Cove! Lol
I got 20.7m, 42 mins.
I felt the cold on this second dive and my hands were a nice shade of blue when I was attempting to remove my dry suit!!!!
Lots of fish to see on both dives.

Was nice to see everyone. Thank you to the Kays, the Nobbs, Smudge and Zoe - for a lovely day out!

Also big thanks to Mrs Frog and Teresa for letting me borrow their fins - so I could try them out before I invest in some replacements! And thanks for driving smudge!

Hope to dive with you all again real soon! Lexy x x Stoney the Cove! Icon_biggrin Stoney the Cove! Icon_biggrin Stoney the Cove! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

Stoney the Cove! Empty
PostSubject: Good day at Stoney   Stoney the Cove! EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 7:04 pm

Like Pinky we had a great 2 dives Stoney the Cove! Icon_cheers although a little different as the kids were depth limited, but they had a great time. Nice to dive the Staingarth with everyone together, and a different direction through it. Notice the big fishes in the wreck as we came out by the ladder?

I have been to the new wreck once with Smudge but not from the Stanegarth, maybe thats the way to get to it next time.

Congrats to Mr and Mrs Hobb Nobbs on finishing their AOW.

Hope Zoe has warmed up

The Kays
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

Stoney the Cove! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stoney the Cove!   Stoney the Cove! EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 7:09 pm

... Yes those perch were quite big and tame!!!!! Stoney the Cove! Icon_biggrin I wasnt expecting to see them in there! Stoney the Cove! Lol

Stoney the Cove! Icon_cheers Stoney the Cove! Icon_cheers Stoney the Cove! Icon_cheers I'll second the congrats to the Nobbs!!!!! Stoney the Cove! Icon_cheers Stoney the Cove! Icon_cheers Stoney the Cove! Icon_cheers x xx x x
Back to top Go down
Pappa Smudge
Admin
Pappa Smudge

Humor : still looking

Stoney the Cove! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stoney the Cove!   Stoney the Cove! EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 8:51 pm

Stoney the Cove! Icon_santa christmas was early for me today... I got a present...

Stoney the Cove! Cards_10 Stoney the Cove! Cards_11

Thank you to Lex for my new plastic cards. And as usual Miss Sams card was first out of the pack.

Stoney the Cove! Icon_smile Back to the diving. Good viz and two great dives. First to the Hydrobox and the second to the stanegarth. Stoney the Cove! Icon_redface I did change the plan underwater, the mini's and the tank are great to see Stoney the Cove! Icon_tongue

Stoney the Cove! Icon_cheersCONGRATULATIONS to Emma and Steve for passing their Advanced Open Water

Here are just a few pictures of the day...

Stoney the Cove! Dscf6410Stoney the Cove! Dscf6411Stoney the Cove! Dscf6412
Stoney the Cove! Dscf6413Stoney the Cove! Dscf6414Stoney the Cove! Dscf6415
Stoney the Cove! Dscf6417Stoney the Cove! Dscf6418
Stoney the Cove! Dscf6419Stoney the Cove! Dscf6420
Stoney the Cove! Dscf6421Stoney the Cove! Dscf6422
Stoney the Cove! Dscf6423Stoney the Cove! Dscf6424
Back to top Go down
Sammy

Sammy

Stoney the Cove! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stoney the Cove!   Stoney the Cove! EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 9:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Ian G
Rescue Diver
Ian G

Stoney the Cove! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stoney the Cove!   Stoney the Cove! EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 9:17 pm

Glad you had a good day.Sorry I couldn't be with you, but I had other commitments, as I also have this week, but will definitely be with you all next Sunday at our new dive site near LLangollen. Cheers, Ian. Stoney the Cove! Icon_cheers Stoney the Cove! Icon_cheers Stoney the Cove! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
moose

moose

Stoney the Cove! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stoney the Cove!   Stoney the Cove! EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 9:21 pm

congrats em n steve Stoney the Cove! Icon_biggrin xx
Back to top Go down
Pappa Smudge
Admin
Pappa Smudge

Stoney the Cove! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stoney the Cove!   Stoney the Cove! EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 1:47 pm

Stoney the Cove! Icon_biggrin Good photographs miss kay. I like the diver in some of them Stoney the Cove! Icon_rolleyes Looks we could have some new award winning photographers to join the ranks of:
"Me - Squirrel - Emma - Mrs Frog - Mr Frog"
Videos are easy, first you need to upload them onto a player, i.e. You Tube. Then take the code off you tube and embed it in your post.
Back to top Go down
Sammy

Sammy

Stoney the Cove! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stoney the Cove!   Stoney the Cove! EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:12 pm

Last edited by Sammy on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mrs Frog

Mrs Frog

Humor : none

Stoney the Cove! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stoney the Cove!   Stoney the Cove! EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 6:15 pm

well done Emma and Steve Stoney the Cove! Icon_biggrin Stoney the Cove! Icon_biggrin Stoney the Cove! Icon_biggrin Stoney the Cove! Icon_cool see you both soon xxx
Back to top Go down
hob nobby

hob nobby

Humor : the sillier the better - when will i eva grow up

Stoney the Cove! Empty
PostSubject: At Last!!!!!   Stoney the Cove! EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 6:42 pm

Thanks Smudge, Pinky, The KAyes and of course the amazing mr Hob Nob.

two really good dives, brilliant viz although a leaky suit made me soggy and cold!

Being the safety nut that i am i just want to thank those who have taken the time to look after me, understand my concerns, hold my hand and give me the kick up the jacksie when it was needed. Im not naming names but you know who you are......and you are missed dearly......ribbit!

This has seemed a lifetime, due to restraints of kids and cash vs diving every weekend. so we will have our rescue inabout 5 years time!!!!!!!

pa whers the piccy you took of me.... dont worry i know i look like a pug in a hood...i need to show my dad!!!

thanks guys good day in and out of the water, and home for Spiderman 3 hoooray!!!!!!

See you all soon

Em x

ps Sammy i can see potential in them there piccies...really good X
Back to top Go down
Pappa Smudge
Admin
Pappa Smudge

Stoney the Cove! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stoney the Cove!   Stoney the Cove! EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:57 pm

don't blame me for what you look like Stoney the Cove! Icon_redface

Stoney the Cove! Dscf6427Stoney the Cove! Dscf6426Stoney the Cove! Dscf6425
Stoney the Cove! Dscf6428Stoney the Cove! Dscf6429
Back to top Go down
hob nobby

hob nobby

Humor : the sillier the better - when will i eva grow up

Stoney the Cove! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stoney the Cove!   Stoney the Cove! EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 9:39 am

thats a good picture for me!!!!!! Stoney the Cove! Affraid thanks x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stoney the Cove! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stoney the Cove!   Stoney the Cove! Empty

Back to top Go down

Stoney the Cove!
Page 1 of 1