HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My first dive at eccy delph - 8th November

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jayne65
Instructor

PostSubject: My first dive at eccy delph - 8th November   Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:50 pm

Had a great day 2day at eccy delph... its been my first time to this site and I must say I was really impressed.......

*lovely canteen
*warm toilets/showers (important to the ladies!)
*lovely/pretty site, with numerous entry points.... accommodating for bad backs!
*not very busy (which could have had something to do with the time of year!)

*** Most importantly really friendly and helpful staff!!!! ***

Richard, Teresa, Jason and I hit the water for 2 nice dives. Thanks to Jenny, Eliese and the 2 dogs for being ecellent shore cover!

Dive one - 43 minutes, 18m.
Dive two - 42 minutes, 15.5m

Vis was ok on both dives. Founds loads of bits and bobs under the water, including the "caves" and tunnels!!! -Which were great fun, if not a little testing! Jason even found a GOLD ring!!!!!!

This quarry did get a little dark at around 12-18m, which did spook me a little at first - big thanks for my buddy Teresa, for staying right by my side looking after me!

Another great day getting wet!!!! Thanks guys!

Lexy x
Back to top Go down
Squirrel
Instructor

PostSubject: Re: My first dive at eccy delph - 8th November   Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:01 pm

Glad to see you had a great day
I must admit it's one of my favorite quarry sites, it's always an enjoyable dive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfatpie.co.uk
big rich
Advanced Open Water

PostSubject: Re: My first dive at eccy delph - 8th November   Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:25 pm

yep great day out,gave the regs a good shake down.that gold ring was handed in to staff at eccy delph.its part of a heist and its the 3rd one to be found in there,dereck at eccy delph says there is a reward .lets hope for jason its a big one..photo on my face book page
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor

PostSubject: Re: My first dive at eccy delph - 8th November   Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Charlesworth
vimto fueled diver
vimto fueled diver

PostSubject: Re: My first dive at eccy delph - 8th November   Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:36 pm

Eccy is great Smile , did my first 2 open water/ try dives there this summer with smudge, saw the tank , the gnomes, the playground and same tunnels Smile
Was great fun, played with the fish Smile

Glad you enjoyed it Smile
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor

PostSubject: Re: My first dive at eccy delph - 8th November   Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:22 am

thanks everyone, fortunatly i managed to avoid the fish, except the one that frightened me to death in the tunnel enterance! lol!

rich -dreamt about those bloody rings last night!!! lol! xx
Back to top Go down
big rich
Advanced Open Water

PostSubject: Re: My first dive at eccy delph - 8th November   Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:43 am

lol lord of the rings
Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor

Humor : Has its ups and downs...

PostSubject: Re: My first dive at eccy delph - 8th November   Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:53 pm

Had em valued Rich there worth a fortune
Back to top Go down
big rich
Advanced Open Water

PostSubject: Re: My first dive at eccy delph - 8th November   Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:06 pm

good lad.pop over and buy the rib off me ,
Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor

Humor : Has its ups and downs...

PostSubject: Re: My first dive at eccy delph - 8th November   Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:56 pm

Tell you what mate I'll swap the ring for the rib I'm sure the ring will increase in value unlike the rib See I'm such a nice guy
Back to top Go down
tic toc
Advanced Open Water

PostSubject: Re: My first dive at eccy delph - 8th November   Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:45 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Pappa Smudge
Admin

Humor : still looking

PostSubject: Re: My first dive at eccy delph - 8th November   Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:11 am

Last year in menorca I bought a load of gold and silver rings, about 10p each then I went alng the cliff tossing them into the sea - Customers then diving along often came accross them - The smiles on there faces to find some treasure

I did find a real gold wedding band on a dive once.. the only way it could have been where i found it was to have been thrown from the cliff top above... somebody didn't want to be married anymore!

Anyway - i'll swap the rib for three camels
Back to top Go down
hob nobby

Humor : the sillier the better - when will i eva grow up

PostSubject: Re: My first dive at eccy delph - 8th November   Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:35 pm

youre so negative...........how do you know the owner of the ring didnt get through off the clif with the ring on their finger and then got eaten up by time and tide just leaving the ring!!!!!!! that could be the evidence someone needed to identify the lost beloved... i know............ i need to get out more ................my imagination goes wacky sometimes!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first dive at eccy delph - 8th November   

Back to top Go down

My first dive at eccy delph - 8th November
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1