HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pappa Smudge
Admin

Humor : still looking

PostSubject: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:04 pm

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS PART OF A SPLIT POST FOR THE WEEKEND.... THIS POST IS MORE OF THE DIVER TRAINING

So....
Congratulations to Charley for completing his Open Water
and to Tom for becoming a Jnr Advanced Open Water Diver
Not forgeting a NEW WORLD RECORD... see post below

The weekend for me was about training and development (and having fun!!) Saturday was me doing three dives to get Charley through his Open Water Certification, and in the rain Then Sunday we had Tom join us for his first dives in Capernwray and to complete his Jnr. Advance Open Water, having reaching the grand old age of 12 yesterday .

There are a lot of pictures to post which I'll do day by day

Last edited by Pappa Smudge on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:14 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pappa Smudge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:25 pm

Saturday - Part One

Last edited by Pappa Smudge on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:41 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED

PostSubject: capernwray October Weekend   Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:42 pm

Many thanks to Smudge from the extended Kay family for a great weekend if training and fun

Last edited by Doc on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pappa Smudge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:52 pm

Saturday - Part 2

Last edited by Pappa Smudge on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pappa Smudge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:19 pm

Sunday

Back to top Go down
Pappa Smudge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:36 am

NEW WORLD RECORD

On Saturday I bought a new book... 2009 diving almanac. Now in this book are lots of facts and information on diving. One section was about bizare underwater world records.

Now as a magician myself, I noted there was an entry for "deepest card trick". the record was only 19m, how poor . Now we new we could get 20m in Capernwray. So armed with a set of soggy cards I performed a card trick at 20.4m - BREAKING the world record

Of course they had to be PADI cards....

Back to top Go down
Tink

Humor : Do I have to have one???

PostSubject: Congrats   Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:04 am

Well done Charley and welcome to the family

Well done Smudge now get yourself registered for the record
Back to top Go down
Pappa Smudge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:11 am

The record.....

I want to break it big style....

First will be to go to the recreation dive limit of 40m. Chairs, tables and a magic show... all in the name of publicity.. this is gonna be part of the last dive of 2009 at dotty.

Then I need two volunteers to go to 100m with me - one to video and one to be shown a card trick... I aim to do this around February time.
Back to top Go down
Squirrel
Instructor

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:49 am

Hmmsounds like fun
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfatpie.co.uk
Charlesworth
vimto fueled diver
vimto fueled diver

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:51 pm

Thanks for a greatt weekend SmileSmile
Back to top Go down
Sammy

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Pappa Smudge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:59 pm

nope - no vid that i've seen
someone looking like you disturbed the viz so nobody could see anything

xx
Back to top Go down
Sammy

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:06 pm

Back to top Go down
big rich
Advanced Open Water

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:29 am

quote="Pappa Smudge"]The record.....

I want to break it big style....

First will be to go to the recreation dive limit of 40m. Chairs, tables and a magic show... all in the name of publicity.. this is gonna be part of the last dive of 2009 at dotty.

Then I need two volunteers to go to 100m with me - one to video and one to be shown a card trick... I aim to do this around February time.[/quote

hang on have you changed the rules again ... 100 meters would we be covered by our insurances [img]http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:10 am

sales pitch for Trimix Ticket

"even I need to do a few courses and build up to it for this one"

hence the 40m dive to start
Back to top Go down
http://proscuba.forumotion.com
jason_242
Instructor

Humor : Has its ups and downs...

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:57 am

Sounds fun there's a nice little hut in Dorry at about 40-44 if its a sunny day perfect for sitting in front of make some good pictures for certain. You can look out the window at the back down into the quarry. Gets a bit dark if the sun goes in though
Back to top Go down
Tink

Humor : Do I have to have one???

PostSubject: 40m   Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:59 am

I can do the 40m but not interested in 100m. I know how I reached this age and the main reason is I'm a coward

Long live cowards

I remember the last time a potential record came into the discussion - sat in a cafe in Hope just prior to doing P8, if I remember correctly.

Does this means we are about to do P8 again
Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:25 am

Well Tink I'm gonna do the 100m dive and beyond well one day anyway thats something I want to do when funds allow until then I'll just have to stick to the usual 40m, er and a little more Looking to do some proper wreck diving which is uaually a little deeper and a whole lot more involved
Back to top Go down
Dobs
PADI Assistant Instructor

Humor : Anything funny

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:39 pm

I may be the shape of a diving bell, but unfortunately I do not have quite the same properties. I will do the 40m, as I need it anyway, so you'll give me the deep speciality.

The 100m however will only happen if I get my bouyancy completely wrong and just keep going down. I'm not ready for this as you are well aware.....
Back to top Go down
Squirrel
Instructor

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:31 pm

Oh i do like the sound of Tri-mix, tad le da
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfatpie.co.uk
jason_242
Instructor

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:48 pm

Looks like your drumming up business Mr Squiz But having been to Leeds today and chatting to a guy over there my appitite has been wet once again and now my head hurts with all the extra stuff I need to do to pursue this dark place so now the maths bit and cost is sinking in who what and where?
Back to top Go down
K9
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:21 pm

Well about the World Record. Which is at 40m which i cant do so can i be at the suface and help because i want to show off to my friends that mine in the Guiness world record book

Dont forget sam aswell !!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!   

Back to top Go down

Capernwray Oct W/E - Part Two Training & WORLD RECORD!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1