Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Farnes

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Farnes Empty
PostSubject: The Farnes   The Farnes EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 1:07 am

After all the stresses at home decided to go off to forget it all.........and i couldn't think of a better place to dive.
Booked three days with Soverign and off I hopped.
First dive on the knife stones 19mtr and a soaked pair of legs thanks to a leaking left boot...vis was pretty good, about 12mtrs and the sea life was amazing Ballen wrasse, dead mans finger, crabs, lobsters' sun stars, and so much more. even caught sight of what looked liked dolphins on the way out, any way 55mins later back on the boat emptying the dry suit...lol, decided to can the second dive and wait till i could do quick repair to not so dry suit so we just sat and sun bathed! on the mill pond type sea!
Day two full of excitement what with a freshly repaired suit (surprising what aqua sure will do). The sea again nice and almost flat off to dive the northern hairs,a nice 22mtr for 49mins the vis was slightly better although loads of sand particles made it hazy, again the sight came up trumps with loads to see, even acquired extra buddy on route, and yes the quick repair worked fine at last a dry dry suit!! yeeeaaahhhh! my buddy was happily singing to a hitch hiking lobster for most of the dive, the next dive was on the Britania 27 mtrs for a 49 min dive, ( yes i know wrong way round but we had 2hrs si in the sun), and yet again a fantastic dive. Found my first bit of spidge! a screw cap of some description, still trying to work out what it is off! loads of life and tonnes of crabs shrimps every where, took a slightly wrong course here but the wall towards the end of the dive was awesome.
the last day started a bit ify as the mist had really moved in during the night, but as we got to the Harbour the sun was again doing its thing and the day was starting unfold as the previous, the boat only had 6 divers and a deck hand by the name of Charlotte! so to be doing her bubble maker.
Skip to us out to the north Whames and the seals were all sat waiting for us...so we dropped in for a shallow dive and hopefully a play.
5mins in and not a one so i decided to surface and see where the little beauties were, got the shock of mt life when i surfaced about ten feet from the whole herd looking on well that did it at least a dozen of them saw me and headed straight into the water, well i was off, found a little gully and waited turning round there they was, a sight i will never forget, after a while they moved off and we went sight seeing.
The very first hole i looked sees this lobster bloody huge!!! kelp branch to defend myself, but oh no it was coming straight for me, no sooner had to come out into the open than Lisa had it in a claw lock. the two diver neat by with a goodie bag came over and offered to hold it while the surface, it took all four of us to get it in the bloody bag, and it nearly beat us. Well 60 mins later we surfaced and back on the boat there it was.... a happy lobster! and Charlotte was amazed! not to mention the other divers, never seen one so big, Would have been enough to feed at least 12. anyway few pics and back it went Crying or Very sad, on to the next and last dive, Longstone end, 15mtr steady bimble......or so we thought, we had decided to collect a few bits to show Charlotte what was below the boat, you know the star fish and hermits, the usual thing all nice and friendly, well that was until the octopus!! yep just what 8 yr olds want to cuddle!! out it came with a little tickling and in the bag it went.... What better way to end a great weekend.
The Farnes most definitely came up trumps, meet some very nice diver's, it has given me some sights to remember for a long time, look forward to getting back out soon.

The Farnes Dscf7610 The Farnes Dscf7611 The Farnes Img_4010 The Farnes Dscf7710 The Farnes Dscf7711 The Farnes Dscf7712

Would just like to add none of the creatures were harmed and all were returned safely and alive.
Will post some of the other pictures in the gallery bit.

Live life, love diving
Thank you to the special people that made this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Mrs Bomber

The Farnes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Farnes   The Farnes EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 12:15 pm

Your pics are fantastic Pete. I particularly like the one of the boat and the lighthouse.

The weather couldn't have been better - I'm glad you had a good weekend. We saw your car at Seahouses harbour one day but didn't see you - I guess you were still on the boat.
Back to top Go down

The Farnes
Page 1 of 1