Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jolly jaunt to NZ

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Squirrel
Instructor
Squirrel

Jolly jaunt to NZ Empty
PostSubject: Jolly jaunt to NZ   Jolly jaunt to NZ EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:55 am

Day One,
Sat in mancester terminal 3 departure lounge, After our nice FREINDLY!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil check in.
Ahead lie's 25 hours of flying, 5 in-flight meals (whooooohoooo) and hopefully some friendly staff.
So long fair England I love you.
Their might be few entries here from various terminals as i am allready bored and am only 30mins in.

I love you I love you I love you I love you To you all will try to keep all updated.

Thanks to our chauffer, you all need to look after him while we are away.

HAVE A NICE DAY YE-ALL
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfatpie.co.uk
Tink

Tink

Humor : Do I have to have one???

Jolly jaunt to NZ Empty
PostSubject: Not Jealous   Jolly jaunt to NZ EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 1:22 pm

SWINE - I HATE YOU BOTH Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Shocked :no:

Have a great time and be safe. See you when you get back - if Razz
Back to top Go down
killa
MSDT
killa

Humor : Never upset a ginna!!!!

Jolly jaunt to NZ Empty
PostSubject: NZ   Jolly jaunt to NZ EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 2:56 pm

Have a nice time both of you.

Bring me back a sheep if you can - I will send it to James as they must be worn out in Buxton now!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing :cheers: Sleep
Back to top Go down

Jolly jaunt to NZ Empty
PostSubject: NZ   Jolly jaunt to NZ EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 12:07 am

Hope you both have a great time.....so wish we was able to come along. Laughing
Looking after the chauffer or abby?? think Abby is first Smile Smile
Hope you get on the rainbow at some point and have loads of bar b's on the sandy beaches.
Hope fully by the time you get back i will have managed to remove a BCD properly, even learn a few more skils Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Squirrel
Instructor
Squirrel

Jolly jaunt to NZ Empty
PostSubject: Should have grown wings   Jolly jaunt to NZ EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 5:14 am

Kia Ora.... Very Happy

As the locals would say, What an epic trip, Heathrow to Los Angels. I knew it might have some isues when first class couldn't board, due to the enginners working on the plane.
But they let the plebs on to stew in the oven, they called a plane.
1 hour goes by, still sat on the tarmac, woundering, :!: :!: The conection in LA was allready tight before the delay.
"Oh good", say's the voice over the tanoy "all fixed now and it's been tested twice so we can now procede with our flight, but we have missed our slot so we will wait for a new one to become available" Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Now i'm no plane enginner, but in order for you test something fully one would think that you would have to fly the thing. Its like fixing a hole in a boat the hoping it will be ok and won't sink Suspect Suspect but then setting off across the worlds seas crossing your finggers. Maybe they used gaffa tape in which case it would have my full confidence.
Anyway whatever they did it worked, 10.5 hours of flying across frozen sea's, i did look down all envious wishing i could go and do a proper ice dive. Acroos the vast american plains all covered in snow, across the grand canyon, Hover dam, over las vegas at night whoooo what a sight, only to land in La and miss our conection. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
But not to worry we have been given a new flight by some really happy BA staff. I say happy i did get one of them to smile, i think it was a smile :?: :?: :?:
Only one downside, it leaves from a compleatly diffrent terminal,(which i think was in a diffrent state) So get your bags walk out through security across the way about 4 miles!!!!!!! and then try and get back through security!!! ( which i can tell you is no simple task, and they got guns and gloves!!!!!! and youve got ten miutes to do this Have a nice day. Surprised Surprised

Well after avoiding yellow cabs, pickups, big busses, we finally make it in time. On to our next flight 12.5 hours long, pale pale Straight on you say, but can we have a break please i've been going since 7 oclock yestaday, whats that, the whole plane is waiting for just us, great!!! That makes us popular, instantly with a 747 full of americans.

Anyway quite a long flight, 12.5 hours never felt this long before. oh yep how can i forget the 12 hours of turbulance we had. NICE

So three days (due to crossing the international date line) Sat on a plane, with a short sprint across america towing our bags.
Here we are, New Zealand the other side of the world sat on a campsite in our van looking out across the bay, would i go through all that again, you ask, was it worth it?????
Two words spring to mind:: HELL YESS Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
What a place,
Hopefully i will have some pics to upload latter in the week, But for now it's wed night where i am, i have had 7 hours sleep since sataday morring so i'am gonna get my head down for a quick kip.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfatpie.co.uk
Pappa Smudge
Admin
Pappa Smudge

Humor : still looking

Jolly jaunt to NZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jolly jaunt to NZ   Jolly jaunt to NZ EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 11:48 am

sounds like a whole lota fun getting there affraid Hows the misses Jolly jaunt to NZ 148_sm10 cope :?:

look forward to hereing about your adventures bounce wish we were all there Twisted Evil

hugs
Jolly jaunt to NZ Sunsha10
Back to top Go down
nobby
Advanced Open Water
nobby

Jolly jaunt to NZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jolly jaunt to NZ   Jolly jaunt to NZ EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 5:47 pm

good to hear from you both, We were just saying the other night, when are squirrell and Em of to NZ.

have a great time, take care and enjoy the dolphins. Post many photo,s Sreve would go tomorrow if he could, afraid im a home bird.!

lol

emma and steve
Back to top Go down

Jolly jaunt to NZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jolly jaunt to NZ   Jolly jaunt to NZ EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 9:20 pm

Life is just one big adventure.....sounds like you are having the best time, once you have had your kip and look out of the window the adventure is about to get better.
Hope em is ok after such a short flight!
thanks for the pineapple sandwich
Very Happy
Soo want to be there
have fun and remember only one life so live it
looking forward to the next episode
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jolly jaunt to NZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jolly jaunt to NZ   Jolly jaunt to NZ Empty

Back to top Go down

Jolly jaunt to NZ
Page 1 of 1