Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cornwall Holiday

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Joolybee

Joolybee

Humor : I laugh every time I look in the mirror!!!

Cornwall Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Cornwall Holiday   Cornwall Holiday EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:40 am

Well I will pitch in with a bit about my holiday to Cornwall. 

It was the second outing for our new tent that some of you saw at the Farnes weekend. It was brill, we put the extra extension on so we had some wonderful under cover/ outside space. 

It rained while we were putting it up and then the sun came out ha ha! 

We did a lot of sightseeing, we only ended up on the beach one day out of our ten day holiday!  The wet suits were on though and we had great fun doing some body boarding. I thought I might be on the old side but then I found myself next to a lady who was 72, a real inspiration.

We went to Padstow one day and there was a big RNLI display and the lifeboat came into port so we did our bit to support them, we had a go on the raffle and bought a cake!! 

While we were there we visited the Lobster Hatchery, small but very informative.

We did a visit to a Seal sanctuary to see the work they do which was a good day out.

Both Andrew and I had our birthdays while we were there and we found a lovely Italian restaurant in Truro which we went to for Andrews birthday and we enjoyed it so much we went back for mine! 

We did a tour of Bodmin jail and made good use of our National Trust membership and visited Trerice house and Landhydrock house. 

We met some lovely fellow campers on site.

So it came time to come home, we had everything packed in the car and so there was just the tent to dismantle and guess what, yep the heavens opened! It was just got rolled up and packed in the back of the car and so we had to put it up in the garden once home to dry it out, probably the only downside to camping.

We think we may explore a different part of the country next year and maybe different time as we realise we missed two diving weekends! 

Will have to look for some pics but I'm not one for snapping all the time, one thing I would like to do over the winter is find a course to learn how to make more use of the camera because it is usually set to auto so not always good results!

All in all we had a wonderful ten days away and we felt slightly sad to come home but I wanted to be back as our third grandchild is due any day now so getting excited.

So that is my bit for the forum!!
Back to top Go down
Andy W

Humor : And All Of That !!!!

Cornwall Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cornwall Holiday   Cornwall Holiday EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 11:33 am

Cornwall Holiday 246400 Cornwall Holiday 246400
Back to top Go down

Cornwall Holiday
Page 1 of 1