Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Koh Tao

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
MSDT
Rob

Koh Tao Empty
PostSubject: Koh Tao   Koh Tao EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 1:59 pm

A couple of dives with Calypso Diving Yesterday at Koh Tao. This is supposed to be the best diving in the bay of Thailand and was pretty similar to Egyptian diving with the same critters such as Parrot Fish, Clowns, Sergeant Majors, Squirrel, Angel, fish sea snakes and many more. Some really impressive nudibranchs for the macro freaks.

First dive in Japanese Gardens 'The Wall' maximum depth only 18m with a dive time 50 minutes.

Second dive Japanese Gardens 'Bay 1' maximum 16m with 52 minutes.

Happy days. I have my dive gear with me and with the reduced working week in NZ to 5 days intend to get out more this time. Cage diving with the Great White Sharks at Invercargill has been mentioned. Watch this space.

bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

Koh Tao Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koh Tao   Koh Tao EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Sounds goodKoh Tao 246400Koh Tao 246400
Back to top Go down
killa
MSDT
killa

Humor : Never upset a ginna!!!!

Koh Tao Empty
PostSubject: Koh Tao   Koh Tao EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:02 pm

Rob,

What was the cost of diving? I have been looking at easy divers near where we are staying and cost around £100 per day!!!!
Pinnacles and sail rock are mentioned as great dive sites - any info??

Back to top Go down
Rob
MSDT
Rob

Koh Tao Empty
PostSubject: Koa Tao / Sail Rock   Koh Tao EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:53 pm

Sail Rock is closer to Koh Samui than Koa Tao however, Sail Rock is a small rock pinnacle hardly recognised on the map and therefore there are, allegedly, strong currents. As such, not for the novice diver. I would expect lunch to be a little bumpier also.

Kao Toa is very sheltered easy diving with the same critters a you would expect see in Egypt although the vis isn't as good as Egypt.

Sail Rock is closer and as a result cheaper than the long trip to Koa Tao albeit only by 10 - 15 quid !. Whale Sharks re said to been seen at both spots but how often have you heard that one ?? I plumped fro Kao Tao so Nick could do some snorkelling. If you plan on taking Megs, Sail Rock sounds like the currents could be challenging so careful consideration is needed..

I paid 3900 TB approx 78 quid for a days diving including breakfast, fruit, drinks and lunch. I had my own equipment. Without equipment this rises to 5500 TB - approx !!0 quid. Sail Rock will set you bak about 100 quid for the same days diving.

There are loads of dive centres around Chawang & Choeng Mon. You will get a good deal if you shop around yet the prices seam to be around 5000 TB - 5500 TB (inc equip).

Let me know if you need any more info ?

bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Koh Tao Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koh Tao   Koh Tao Empty

Back to top Go down

Koh Tao
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: trip reports & diver achievements-
Jump to: