Share | 

Dorothea Walking tour with Gwynfor 11/8/2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andy W
always moist & wet
always moist & wet

Humor : And All Of That !!!!

PostSubject: Dorothea Walking tour with Gwynfor 11/8/2012   Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:27 am

Saturday was a trip down to Dotty for Smudge and myself, for an excellent educational lesson on the quarry and surroundings.

Sue Woods a local lady from Talysarn organised the local historian "Proff" Gwynfor Pierce Jones bow to give a tour and provide recollection of his memories at the quarry in the early 1950s.

Gwynfor is the gentleman that provides the photographs etc that we look at of the days of the working quarry and the events afterwards when the quarry was closed and allowed to fill with water.

One thing that we all need to remember and was hit home on Saturday is that there are many archaeological interests in this site that need to be preserved so please when we use the site lets make sure we give it the respsect that it deserves. !!!!!!

Here are just a few of my pics !!

Gwynfor Pierce Jones bow bow

wave wave wave wave wave wave wave wave wave wave

Back to top Go down
Pappa Smudge
Admin

Humor : still looking

PostSubject: .   Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:30 pm

Thankyou to Dorothea local legend Gwynfor Pierce Jones for a fantasic insight in the history and geology of the Dorothea Quarry site. A Big thank you also to Sue woods for organising the walk.

I did ask a few questions with no comment, but later on I was privy to some useful info on the future of the site I did mention the word Penryn too with a

I'll Show you some general photographs from the tour. But I will then try to show older images with new ones.

the legend who is Professor Gwynfor Pierce Jones

Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED

PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Walking tour with Gwynfor 11/8/2012   Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:04 pm

Looks like you all had a great day out, great photos too

I see the legendary shorts were out again Andy lol
Back to top Go down
Andy W
always moist & wet
always moist & wet

PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Walking tour with Gwynfor 11/8/2012   Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Anyone would think my shorts were an issue !!!!!

Back to top Go down
Pappa Smudge
Admin

Humor : still looking

PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Walking tour with Gwynfor 11/8/2012   Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:24 pm

look at everyone admiring your attire!

Back to top Go down
Andy W
always moist & wet
always moist & wet

PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Walking tour with Gwynfor 11/8/2012   Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:00 pm

Whats Wrong with my shorts, they may be chequered but I Like them, I shall wear them now for ever more !!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor

Humor : Has its ups and downs...

PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Walking tour with Gwynfor 11/8/2012   Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:08 pm

GOOD GOD Lol Suspect
Back to top Go down
Andy W
always moist & wet
always moist & wet

PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Walking tour with Gwynfor 11/8/2012   Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:09 pm

Hey Jase, I have a pair in orange cheques that may suit you Ill give them you next time I see ya

Back to top Go down
jason_242
Instructor

Humor : Has its ups and downs...

PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Walking tour with Gwynfor 11/8/2012   Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:17 pm

They'd clash with my legs mate lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dorothea Walking tour with Gwynfor 11/8/2012   

Back to top Go down

Dorothea Walking tour with Gwynfor 11/8/2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1