Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christmas Island....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

Christmas Island....  Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Island....    Christmas Island....  EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:09 am

First dives back on the Rock after my jolly to the GBR.

Sea conditions were a little challenging on the entry and exit, with a bit of swell through the channel. Vis in the shallows was around 10m, then back to around 35m on the drop off. Dive Buddy - Luke (one of our successful AOW ex-students).

Dive 1) 55 mins, 30m, water temp 30 surface/28 at depth...... great vis, all the usual critters (moray eels, pretty little fish, decorator crabs, porcelain crabs, massive porcupine fish, puffa's).... oh and a 6m Whaleshark!!!!!! Smile he didn't come in close to us but he was around long enough for us to see and video him (sorry no photos). we tried to swim after him, but with his effortless swimming he was much faster than us and we couldn't keep up!

Dive 2) Helo2 failed when we entered the water? It registered at the surface and said I had 195 bar, but then kept saying fail and no air reading???? Of course it was fine on the first dive. Any suggestions guys????? HELP PLEASE! Never had a problem with it on the GBR or on the first dive. Therefore a crap second dive!

Christmas Island....  47170
Back to top Go down
Pappa Smudge
Admin
Pappa Smudge

Humor : still looking

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Island....    Christmas Island....  EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:16 am

confused thats why i won't use air intregrated computers, good old steam driven SPG, string and a piece of plastic.

Look like good dives... better than the ones i'm doing - not anoy
Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Island....    Christmas Island....  EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 11:23 am

Don't worry Lex - somewhere in the little book it tells you how to reset the channel you are on. Usually doing that sorts it. Has it been near someone else with a Suunto transmitter? May have tuned in to theirs.

Not had a problem with mine for a while but I do remembber occasionally last summer having to reset it. Maybe becauses there were a few of us on same boat with them?
Back to top Go down
jayne65
Instructor
jayne65

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Island....    Christmas Island....  EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:44 pm

I seem to remember you used to have a HEL0 at one point smudge?

There was no one else in the area with one, don't know why it did it? Did the same thing today for the second dive, had to reset it so that it registered the sender
... then it worked fine. seems silly that i have to reset every time i do a second dive? It was fine for all the dives on the GBR, just started doing it yesterday here??? aurgghhhhhhh...... lol
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Island....    Christmas Island....  EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 2:01 pm

Yep I do have a HELO but I don't use the air intragation unit.

x
Back to top Go down
https://proscuba.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Island....    Christmas Island....  Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Island....
Page 1 of 1