Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Farnes and Eyemouth

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

Farnes and Eyemouth Empty
PostSubject: Farnes and Eyemouth   Farnes and Eyemouth EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:16 pm

This weekend I ventured a little further afield for a days diving in the Farnes on Saturday with William on Glad tidings VII followed by a dive out of Eyemouth with Iain at Marine Quest today. The weather was not kind so both trips were slightly amended to account for the strong winds.

Diving at the Farnes was limited to the north side of the islands, dive 1 being a 20m dive at North Wamses, dive 2 at Little Harcars, a great dive in just 4m, over an hour playing with several friendly seals. Many thanks to buddy Richard Masser for being so patient with a photographer but for also finding the biggest lobster we had ever seen. Seals were plentiful and playful - an hour for most of us in just 3-4m.

Tim and Liz Saville and I then drove up to Eyemouth. Tim and I planned our dive to the Scotia wreck. The 3 of us had a pleasant evening in a bar/bistro there, I stayed at Marine Quest's own accomodation, very good. We had booked the last 2 places on their beautiful, well equipped boat the Jacob George, the rest of the places being taken by a BSAC 'combined club' trip. The weather meant the original planned trip to a 51m unamed wreck was not possible to do, the Scotia being a safer option. Vis was poor and it was dark, new torch impressive though, 26 mins plenty of time to look around the wreck. Planned a 55 minute dive, but even with our HelO2s being set less conservative than normal we still had an extra 6 mins deco and a 3 min safety stop to do, 64 minutes in total. Last out of the water as usual, then a very wet and fast ride back into Eyemouth. Well worth the long drive home.

Farnes and Eyemouth Img_6610

Farnes and Eyemouth Img_6611

Farnes and Eyemouth Img_6612

Farnes and Eyemouth Img_6510

Farnes and Eyemouth 78840

Last edited by Doc on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding photos)
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Farnes and Eyemouth   Farnes and Eyemouth EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:30 am

looking at the weather today - that would be very sporting Farnes and Eyemouth 805793

The farnes is always beautiful with the seals - and I love the challenge of the deeper wrecks off the north east.
Back to top Go down
https://proscuba.forumotion.com
Andy W

Humor : And All Of That !!!!

PostSubject: Re: Farnes and Eyemouth   Farnes and Eyemouth EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:01 pm

Farnes and Eyemouth 976232 Farnes and Eyemouth 976232 Farnes and Eyemouth 976232 Farnes and Eyemouth 976232

Looks like you had agrerat weekend

Farnes and Eyemouth 953477 Farnes and Eyemouth 953477
Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED
sheelagh

PostSubject: Re: Farnes and Eyemouth   Farnes and Eyemouth EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:25 pm

Farnes and Eyemouth 78840
I'd say great more than agrerat
You still narked on one of those planes? Farnes and Eyemouth 253933
Farnes and Eyemouth 78840 Farnes and Eyemouth 78840 Farnes and Eyemouth 78840
Back to top Go down
Andy W

Humor : And All Of That !!!!

PostSubject: Re: Farnes and Eyemouth   Farnes and Eyemouth EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:33 pm

Farnes and Eyemouth 977717 Farnes and Eyemouth 977717 Farnes and Eyemouth 977717 Farnes and Eyemouth 977717

Farnes and Eyemouth 305510 Farnes and Eyemouth 305510 Farnes and Eyemouth 305510 Farnes and Eyemouth 305510
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Farnes and Eyemouth   Farnes and Eyemouth Empty

Back to top Go down

Farnes and Eyemouth
Page 1 of 1