HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Capernwray 26th June

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ian G
Rescue Diver

PostSubject: Capernwray 26th June   Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:46 pm

Four of us made the trip to Capernwray on a warm summer's day - myself plus Doc, Jack and Geoff. It wasn't very busy considering it was a fine Sunday. Viz was fairly good and the water a pleasant 14degrees. I managed without hood & gloves - unlike the other 3. Two good dives of 50 minutes plus. Dive 1 to the plane (where unfortunately some idiot(s) have started to vandalise it by pulling out the instrument panel above the pilot's seat.Why can't they leave things alone?), then via the container to the sump (21m max depth) and return via the wall. Dive 2 to the Gnome Garden (1st time here for Geoff), then Wessex helicopter and return via Thunderbird 4 so Geoff could have a photo taken of him to show his grandson. Geoff 7 I then left the other 2 to return as he was getting low on air. A very agreeable Sunday's diving. Here's a few photos.

Back to top Go down
SpongebobPeterpants
PADI Assistant Instructor

Humor : Dum spiro spero

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray 26th June   Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:13 pm

Great Pictures Ian
Sounds like you had a great time
Back to top Go down
http://www.protier.co.uk
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray 26th June   Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:19 pm

Thank you Ian...

Agree an excellent day out with lots to see and do. Plenty of familiar faces to say 'Hi' to, and the 4 of us had 2 excellent dives, 50 mins and 85 mins. Jack and I extended our last dive to play with the fish and the tamest of the sturgeon, the one with the white nose, just by the 6m platform.

Geoff did well on that second dive, I don't think he realised that to do the plane, oil rig, gnome garden, Wessex, boats, Thunderbird and horses, etc is quite a lot to do on a 12lt cylinder. Well done! He had complained after dive 1 that he still had 100 bar left, now he knows what it is like to use it all (well nearly). But well worth the final photos for his grandson (Thunderbird 4).

Photos still being downsized - to follow...
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray 26th June   Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:51 am

Looks good, the weather was just perfect. Wish I was there.
Back to top Go down
http://proscuba.forumotion.com
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray 26th June   Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:20 pm

Here goes....

That was dive 1...
Back to top Go down
sheelagh
Dive Master & AMED

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray 26th June   Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:29 pm

Dive 2....

As you can see Ian spent a lot of time trying to find out where you all were........

Back to top Go down
Geoff123
BSAC INSTRUCTOR

Humor : Bernard Manning and Chubby I think

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray 26th June   Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:00 am

Very enjoyable day diving.
Still hold eating is bad for you though - blame running short on air on the sandwich at half time.
Grandson loves the thunderbird pictures, keeps trying my kit on and telling me he's a big boy (he's 3) so that he can come diving. I know its best to catch them young but I think 3 is a little too young.
Thanks for the weekend dives.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capernwray 26th June   

Back to top Go down

Capernwray 26th June
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1